Stark Differences Between The Phl And Your Home Country, City, State

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's my comment on another post here:http://www.philippin...__15#entry56844There are many, many more expats from around the world living in Thailand than in the Philippines, this unto itself is indicative of that most expats think when comparing the two countries... Kano Joe's post may not be that positive, but is just one expats take on the two countries..And again, it's another take on one comparing the Philippines to one's home country along with the good and the bad which is never a ceaseless proposition for those who moan and groan vs those who are content where one calls home in the Philippines! This topic is about comparing the Philippines to one's home country! It's just plain and simple, there really isn't any equal comparison and never will, unless one has a clean toilet, with a toilet seat and toilet paper in both countries! :hystery: Yeah, I have a thing for clean toilets with their toilet seat intact and toilet paper always available! Can anyone just imagine having the Hersey squirts and no where to run to take a hefty dump? :541: :hystery:Comparing apples and oranges is like comparing a balut with the plain hard boiled egg, similar, but sort of close, nah not even! Or is it that some people just like to mix their apples with oranges? IMHO, it's each to their own, once your boots are on the ground where ever one will live and call their home! Some, live in two countries to keep a balance or to keep their sanity away from their wife's extended family they married into or the toilet without the toilet seat and or no toilet paper, but some don't have that option because it's all that one may have and can afford! It's the "rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief" syndrome I guess, if one can call it that!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The one thing I learned from the OP's opening post is there sure are a lot of real things in the US,makes me wonder if the rest of the world is fake :thumbsup:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

You are correct! It's the rest of the world that is fake! Only things in the U.S. are real! That's why some people like to do comparison shopping as to what's real or not! :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You are correct! It's the rest of the world that is fake! Only things in the U.S. are real! That's why some people like to do comparison shopping as to what's real or not! :thumbsup:
Art I was just pointing out, tongue in cheek that the word REAL was used so many times in Lee's post that basically that's all I seen while reading it. :)
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

The difference between Australia and the Philippines? Um, first thing that comes to mind is that in the Philippines i can ride an escalator without having my way blocked by some wide arse honky bitch. :th_th7:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
The difference between Australia and the Philippines? Um, first thing that comes to mind is that in the Philippines i can ride an escalator without having my way blocked by some wide arse honky bitch. :th_th7:
I didn't know that Wal-Mart is in Australia too. Yeah, I've seen those double wide with their tattoos right above their butt cracks. Excuse me -- I need to stick a finger down my throat again (to induce vomiting.....)
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Remember also the Kmart stores of yesteryear? Did that also get started in Australia before coming over to the U.S. or was it just in California and never made it past it's borders, because I didn't see any in the state of Oregon, Nevada or Arizona? Circle K convenient stores maybe and that was about it that had the "K" logo trademark!

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Remember also the Kmart stores of yesteryear? Did that also get started in Australia before coming over to the U.S. or was it just in California and never made it past it's borders, because I didn't see any in the state of Oregon, Nevada or Arizona? Circle K convenient stores maybe and that was about it that had the "K" logo trademark!
Yeah, we still got Kmart stores.I don't know if they started here or in the US but they're still quite popular here as are Target stores. We don't have Wal-mart.
  • Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

I miss going to the shopping centres nice shaply woman, mmmmm, :th_th7: actualy anywhere in the Philippines you might see one in a hundred girls that is overweight more so in the city with take out food more ready availableBut I hate coming home and on the first day back to do shopping to see these big fat arse Aussies in those skin tight licra pants thats shows every dent in their body Yuk looks like they have been out in a hail storm with their arse in the air as shelter and they think they look beautiful :kidding:I'm going to throw up now so excuse me pleaseBraddo

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
One thing that strikes me is how busy the RP is. In the neighborhood that I live in in the US we only know the prople living on either side of us and across the street. Perhaps see a person or two walking on our street from time to time, boreing really. In the RP when I look out the window in Los Banos Laguna it is full of life, horns honking, people selling there goods, people walking everywhere, I like that.Doug
I agree 100% with this post, and to add a bit of contrast, I never took a shower outside in the USA, though I have lived in places miles from my neighbors, however, think nothing of taking a shower outside (with a tarp surrounding me) with neighbors and family walking around next to the tarp. Personal privacy is non-existent or at the very least, hard to come by. Or, staying out in the province and awakening to the continuance of the booming karaoke medleys from the night before... then walking out to see it is the grandma that put on the music....and nobody is complaining about the noise...... it seems like much less of a generation gap there. (I could never imagine my father and I enjoying the same music, though I am happy to see this change with my son and I) I seem to have encountered an endless array of those sorts of contrasting behaviors. :thumbsup: