Stark Differences Between The Phl And Your Home Country, City, State

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
think nothing of taking a shower outside (with a tarp surrounding me) with neighbors and family walking around next to the tarp
Reminds me of the time I took a shower in the rain. No tarp but I kept my shorts on like everyone else does here. I stood under the downspout at the corner of the house during a heavy rain in Cebu. I did it for a lark. I did it because the water pressure in the house was poor. I did it to save water. I did it because I thought the rain was warm here. Its definitely not when you do it as I suggested. It was a great shower but colder than the tap water in the CR
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

As was previously mentioned, the activity and people living their lives openly is one of the highlights for me. When I come back to Australia I notice right away that everything is perfect as soon as I arrive at the airport here. Clean, sterile and everything is organized. That is a good thing but also it means boredom. I get really bored in Australia but I have very little social life as I spend my days working on going back to the Philippines and I save for that. The streets are often lifeless here although where I live now on the coast it is the best place I have lived here with nice beaches etc but it's not so great when your single and you have a girl thousands of miles away that your hanging out to catch up with.The thing I really love about the Philippines besides the beautiful girls is the laid back lifestyle. I can walk out at 10pm on a Tuesday night and there will be people walking around, music playing, people smiling and shopping etc or selling bbq's or whatever. In Australia at 10pm on a Tuesday night everyone would be locked up in their homes. Well there is a bit more action in the central cities I guess but I'm just saying in the Philippines whether it be a province or city there is always plenty of activity and I love that but it's also very interesting, the colors, the sights, the culture etc is all candy for my eyes.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
As was previously mentioned, the activity and people living their lives openly is one of the highlights for me. When I come back to Australia I notice right away that everything is perfect as soon as I arrive at the airport here. Clean, sterile and everything is organized. That is a good thing but also it means boredom. I get really bored in Australia but I have very little social life as I spend my days working on going back to the Philippines and I save for that. The streets are often lifeless here although where I live now on the coast it is the best place I have lived here with nice beaches etc but it's not so great when your single and you have a girl thousands of miles away that your hanging out to catch up with.The thing I really love about the Philippines besides the beautiful girls is the laid back lifestyle. I can walk out at 10pm on a Tuesday night and there will be people walking around, music playing, people smiling and shopping etc or selling bbq's or whatever. In Australia at 10pm on a Tuesday night everyone would be locked up in their homes. Well there is a bit more action in the central cities I guess but I'm just saying in the Philippines whether it be a province or city there is always plenty of activity and I love that but it's also very interesting, the colors, the sights, the culture etc is all candy for my eyes.
I remember my sister complaining of that when she lived in Australia... 10 o'clock and they roll up the sidewalks! Here in Canada most of the night life is just starting at that time! So its the same in the Phils? Now this is going to be fun!!! Hmmmm.... Wait a minute... I ususally go to bed for the night around 10.... :lol:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The thing I really love about the Philippines besides the beautiful girls is the laid back lifestyle. I can walk out at 10pm on a Tuesday night and there will be people walking around,
I would venture that is true in urban areas like Cebu and Dumaguete but less true in small cities, towns and rural areas. If that is an important aspect of your life, don't buy a house in the province.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The thing I really love about the Philippines besides the beautiful girls is the laid back lifestyle. I can walk out at 10pm on a Tuesday night and there will be people walking around,
I would venture that is true in urban areas like Cebu and Dumaguete but less true in small cities, towns and rural areas. If that is an important aspect of your life, don't buy a house in the province.
Exactly the same here in Australia, the city is alive at 10 o'clock but outside the city it wont be most nights. I think that would be the same anywhere in the world.