How To Get A Philippine Travel Tax Refund - It's Not Simple!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

More about the Philippine Travel Taxhttp://www.lhiza.com/pta-tax-e.htmTravel Tax Refund Form(The PDF page won't copy and paste here)Just Google search TIEZA FORM NO. 353 Revised Form 1987Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) MANILA Travel Tax Refund ApplicationGoogle search KhristinesworldHow to get a Philippine Travel Tax RefundSome will say, "is it worth the hassle"? Now guys, listen up, this is not going to be easy! If you paid your tax at the airport in 1 minute, you’ll have a hard time getting a refund. What you should do is bring the original & photo copies of the following documents I’ll be enumerating below to PTA MAIN OFFICE Kalaw St. Ermita, Manila during office hours. Ones there, you must get a number and wait for your number to be called. Have these documents ready with you or you will be most likely be requested to come back again.For offloaded passengers/subject for POEA/ExemptionOriginal PassportOriginal OR and ATAPOriginal OEC from POEAOriginal or authenticated copy of ticket (offloaded)Original or authenticated copy of ticket (rebooking)Other required documents: (probably not needed for offloaded passengers or exempted for taxes)Original Permanent CardXerox copy of ID page of passport and latest arrival and departure stamp in RPCertified True Copy of Approval copy of Travel Authority and InvitationOriginal Marriage Contract & Birth CertificateTravel Tax application form 353 duly accomplished and sign by authorize signatory of airlineCertified True Copy of Refund Voucher/ Agency Credit Memo/Refund NoticeCertification that the ticket was totally unused and surrendered for cancellation (if ticket was issued abroad return back to sponsor.NOTE: Claims for refund made after 2 years from the date of payment shall not be allowed.Posted by Khristine Talana

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I brought this topic up, because it never cease to amaze me what people do in the name of greed and not doing their intended jobs properly! Remember when I mentioned that my wife and I are accompanying a friend of ours from the U.K. and have already paid for our tickets for a 3 day weekend to Hong Kong in February so that they and I can avail the BB stamp again upon our return!I pointed out to them, since they have been in the Philippines less than a year and as they are both non-permanent resident aliens, the travel agent should not have charged them the P1,600+(economy class) per person travel tax! It can happen too at the airport unless you catch it and inform them of your immigration status and time stayed in the Philippines prior to your departure! I gave them the copy of the article to show the travel agent their mistake in charging them the travel tax! You know what the travel agent said? "Sir/Mam, I will get you the form to fill out, but it will take a year to get your travel tax refund! Just pisses me off royally! It should only take a few months or less to get a Philippine travel tax refund, unless they know something that we don't at this point in time, because policies due change from time to time with the DOT or whoever is responsible for changes in their policies! So, is it worth the hassle trying to get a travel tax refund? It sure seems like it, but for a fact, I know it is, because it too happened to me years ago when I tried to get a refund! No problem with the ticket refund! It was the travel tax that was the problem! Back then it was only P1,200! I said forget it, because my taxi fare round trip alone would be more then the travel tax! So, it's up to you!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Form that Art MentionedTIEZA FORM NO. 353Revised Form 1987Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA)MANILATravel Tax Refund ApplicationPassenger: ________________________________ Ticket No. _____________________________Route: ____________________________________ Date Issued ____________________________Travel Tax Collected : P_______________________ Refundable ____________________________Sales Report No. ____________________________ Date _________________________________Remittance PTA O.R. No. _____________________ Date _________________________________Reasons for Refund: ( ) Exemption ( ) Reduced ( ) Non-Coverage( ) Unused Ticket ( ) Others_______ Non-Revenue Ticket_______ PTA Ticket (Fare Refunded to Sponsor)THIS IS TO CERTIFY that the above information are true and correct and that the travel tax on the aboveticket has not been previously refunded._________________________________ ___________________________________SUBMITTED BY: (carrier)_________________________________ By: ___________________________________(Name & Signature of Passenger) Name & SignatureADDRESS : _______________________ ___________________________________________________________________ (Position)Tel. No. __________________________Date prepared: _____________________(Do not fill blanks below)Ref. No. _____________Revenue DepartmentTravel Tax and Collection DivisionBy Date Remarks1. Refund ApplicationReceived & Evaluated ______________ ______________ ______________2. Travel Tax Verified/Indexed ______________ ______________ ______________3. Reviewed / Recommended ______________ ______________ ______________4. Voucher Prepared ______________ ______________ ______________5. Voucher Approved ______________ ______________ ______________6. Voucher ReleasedTo Accounting ______________ ______________ _____________

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
Form that Art MentionedTIEZA FORM NO. 353Revised Form 1987Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA)MANILATravel Tax Refund ApplicationPassenger: ________________________________ Ticket No. _____________________________Route: ____________________________________ Date Issued ____________________________Travel Tax Collected : P_______________________ Refundable ____________________________Sales Report No. ____________________________ Date _________________________________Remittance PTA O.R. No. _____________________ Date _________________________________Reasons for Refund: ( ) Exemption ( ) Reduced ( ) Non-Coverage( ) Unused Ticket ( ) Others_______ Non-Revenue Ticket_______ PTA Ticket (Fare Refunded to Sponsor)THIS IS TO CERTIFY that the above information are true and correct and that the travel tax on the aboveticket has not been previously refunded._________________________________ ___________________________________SUBMITTED BY: (carrier)_________________________________ By: ___________________________________(Name & Signature of Passenger) Name & SignatureADDRESS : _______________________ ___________________________________________________________________ (Position)Tel. No. __________________________Date prepared: _____________________(Do not fill blanks below)Ref. No. _____________Revenue DepartmentTravel Tax and Collection DivisionBy Date Remarks1. Refund ApplicationReceived & Evaluated ______________ ______________ ______________2. Travel Tax Verified/Indexed ______________ ______________ ______________3. Reviewed / Recommended ______________ ______________ ______________4. Voucher Prepared ______________ ______________ ______________5. Voucher Approved ______________ ______________ ______________6. Voucher ReleasedTo Accounting ______________ ______________ _____________7. Donation received ____________________8. If Donation received proceed with refund,if not place at bottom of queue.
Hmmm......I don't see item 7: UTT donation (under the table)
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Form that Art MentionedTIEZA FORM NO. 353Revised Form 1987Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA)MANILA(Do not fill blanks below)Ref. No. _____________Revenue DepartmentTravel Tax and Collection DivisionBy Date Remarks1. Refund ApplicationReceived & Evaluated ______________ ______________ ______________2. Travel Tax Verified/Indexed ______________ ______________ ______________3. Reviewed / Recommended ______________ ______________ ______________4. Voucher Prepared ______________ ______________ ______________5. Voucher Approved ______________ ______________ ______________6. Voucher ReleasedTo Accounting ______________ ______________ _____________7. Donation received ____________________8. If Donation received proceed with refund,if not place at bottom of queue.
Hmmm......I don't see item 7: UTT donation (under the table)
You need glasses Jake,I can see 7 and 8 :th_th7:
  • Like 3

Bundy
Posted
Posted

How to get ANY kind of refund in the Philippines is sure to be a long winded process! :hystery: :hystery: ............. :th_Good-Luck:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Refund? Sorry, out of stock sir!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Just a followup concerning this Travel Tax refund runaround! Luckily it wasn't for the British couple that accompanied us to Kong Kong a few weeks ago Feb 6 - 9! They got their Travel Tax refund just today of P1,620 each, which is record time from the travel agent that added on the travel tax to their round trip airfare, which shouldn't have been added, because they didn't exceed their stay over 1 year in the Philippines on a tourist visa! The travel agent was gracious enough to do the paperwork to refund their travel tax since they were the one's who screwed up in the place! All is well that ended well, but that doesn't always happen in the Philippines when it comes to refunds! It maybe a different story if one bought tickets here in the Philippines and tried to refund the ticket, because the tickets are handled different from the Travel Tax refund, because it happened to me long age where the tickets wasn't a problem to get a refund, but the Travel Tax took 16 weeks and have to go to the PTA office in Ermita, Manila to get it! I told them they can have the P1,200 at that time, because it would cost me twice that amount to hire a taxi to get my refund check!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
karlen
Posted
Posted

We went to cathay pacific to book our flights and she said that they can refund travel tax for my husband as long as he shows his foreign passport. We didnt have his passport that day so i opted to scan and email it to her. Got an email back saying it doesnt apply to my husband because he has been here more than a year. Seems like on the link above thats true. So does this mean when we get to the airport he doesnt have to do the steps for getting an exemption for travel tax? Im just concerned that we'll end up paying this again when we get to the airport. I'm confused..help!