Exit Clearance Certificate

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's the point of contacts you can use if you have any questions about immigration matters:BI Main Office Point of ContactBureau of Immigration, Philippineshttp://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=73(Their websites has been pretty slow lately)Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center (BINOC)+632 524-37691-800-100- ALIEN (24/7 Toll Free)For immigration inquiries, send it at:xinfo@immigration.gov.ph(May take awhile for them to reply, but they eventually do, but good luck anyways) Dual Citizenship Hotline+632 301-0756 | +632 309-7751 (Fax)One Stop Shop Processing Hotline+632 338-4537Bureau of Immigration Main OfficeMagallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila+632 527-3248Office of Commissioner Marcelino C. Libanan4th Floor Bureau of Immigration Bldg.Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila+632 3097753 | +632 309-7751/52 (Fax)mclibanan@immigration.gov.phOffice of Associate Commissioner Roy M. Almoro2nd Floor Bureau of Immigration Bldg.Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila+632 338-4536 | +632 527-5654 (Fax)malmoro@immigration.gov.ph Office of Associate Commissioner Enrique B. Galang, Jr.2nd Floor Bureau of Immigration Bldg.Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila+632 527-3316 | +632 527-5655 (Telefax)ebgalang@immigration.gov.phHere's my direct contact, she may help too!Lolita Hipolitohipolitololita@yahoo.com

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Salty Dog
Posted
Posted

I just found this on the US Embassy's site concerning those of us on a Tourist Visa. If it's true, less than 6 months can pay at the Airport. A friend who had been here over a year, applied for one here in Dumaguete. It took several weeks to get it because it has to be sent to Manila and then returned.Exit Clearances

If you meet the following classifications below, you will need to follow the instructions and apply for the proper exit clearance at one of the five BI

regional offices. Sub-ports cannot process exit clearance permits. All fees and conditions are subject to change. Normal processing time of 4-5 business days (expedite option available in most cases for +Php500).

• Tourist: 59 days - 6 months Tourists staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee. If your date of departure is certain, this can be paid through one of the five BI regional offices; otherwise, the exit fee can be paid at the airport upon your departure.
  • Tourist 6 months+ Tourists staying more than 6 months must obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate(ECC) from BI. You must submit the proper form along with 3 passport-sized photographs and the visa fees.

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I just found this on the US Embassy's site concerning those of us on a Tourist Visa. If it's true, less than 6 months can pay at the Airport. A friend who had been here over a year, applied for one here in Dumaguete. It took several weeks to get it because it has to be sent to Manila and then returned.Exit Clearances

If you meet the following classifications below, you will need to follow the instructions and apply for the proper exit clearance at one of the five BI

regional offices. Sub-ports cannot process exit clearance permits. All fees and conditions are subject to change. Normal processing time of 4-5 business days (expedite option available in most cases for +Php500).

• Tourist: 59 days - 6 months Tourists staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee. If your date of departure is certain, this can be paid through one of the five BI regional offices; otherwise, the exit fee can be paid at the airport upon your departure.
  • Tourist 6 months+ Tourists staying more than 6 months must obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate(ECC) from BI. You must submit the proper form along with 3 passport-sized photographs and the visa fees.

Salty Dog is it? Anyway, good to see you back my friend on this fine forum and posting! As to this matter about the ECC aka Exit Fee, it seems to be a little confusing, because when we went to our local BI office here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna to apply for my wife's ECC which she has been in the RP over a year and a dual citizen, they said that we can pay it at the airport NAIA prior to our departure for our Hong Kong trip. About 4 yrs ago our BB stamp expired and we extended over 6 months, we both needed an ECC prior to departure to the U.S. for our short vacation. The BI office got our ECCs within just 3 hours start to finish! Just last week, I requested for an ECC for my wife and the BI official there just told us to pay the "Exit Fee" at the airport! When we got to the airport, we checked in with the Travel Tax people at the counter and they said just go through and pay our terminal fee and at immigration, there the official will determine if we need the ECC or pay the exit fee! The immigration officer looked at both of our U.S. passport, stamp it with the departure stamp and didn't even mention anything about my wife's ECC! We didn't say word and just went ahead to our boarding gate to wait for our flight! So, now we don't really what would have happened if my wife needed an ECC and don't know who would we have to pay it to! So that was the confusing part that I was saying! ECC or no ECC and where to pay it the airport, we never asked since the immigration officaal didn't say anything and if we did bring it to his attention, he probably would have then charged my wife the Exit fee, but we'll never know won't we and we still don't know! Dah! :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I just found this on the US Embassy's site concerning those of us on a Tourist Visa.
Interesting, because tourists, like me get charged that fee automatically when they get their renewal at (if I remember right) the 59 day mark. It means you have already paid it with the renewal and no need to pay more at the airport.BUTYou raise an interesting point that means another tourist rip off. We have all paid the Exit FEE with our tourist visa renewal (check your receipt to see what it included if you have doubts) and then, if we stay past 6 months we have to pay for an ECC so we pay the fee twice.ORAre you saying things have changed since the last time I paid the fee with my tourist visa renewal?

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted

Salty Dog is it? Anyway, good to see you back my friend on this fine forum and posting! As to this matter about the ECC aka Exit Fee, it seems to be a little confusing, because when we went to our local BI office here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna to apply for my wife's ECC which she has been in the RP over a year and a dual citizen, they said that we can pay it at the airport NAIA prior to our departure for our Hong Kong trip. About 4 yrs ago our BB stamp expired and we extended over 6 months, we both needed an ECC prior to departure to the U.S. for our short vacation. The BI office got our ECCs within just 3 hours start to finish! Just last week, I requested for an ECC for my wife and the BI official there just told us to pay the "Exit Fee" at the airport! When we got to the airport, we checked in with the Travel Tax people at the counter and they said just go through and pay our terminal fee and at immigration, there the official will determine if we need the ECC or pay the exit fee! The immigration officer looked at both of our U.S. passport, stamp it with the departure stamp and didn't even mention anything about my wife's ECC! We didn't say word and just went ahead to our boarding gate to wait for our flight! So, now we don't really what would have happened if my wife needed an ECC and don't know who would we have to pay it to! So that was the confusing part that I was saying! ECC or no ECC and where to pay it the airport, we never asked since the immigration officaal didn't say anything and if we did bring it to his attention, he probably would have then charged my wife the Exit fee, but we'll never know won't we and we still don't know! Dah! :89:
I read just read this yesterday: Balikbayan program seems to sneak through a loophole. Balikbayans, Former Filipino citizens are allowed to enter and stay in the the Philippines, without a visa, for a year. At the end of the 12 months, Balibayans are not required to have an Emigration Clearance Certificate. This has been confirmed by Balikbayans who have stayed longer than 6 months.

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)
I just found this on the US Embassy's site concerning those of us on a Tourist Visa.
Interesting, because tourists, like me get charged that fee automatically when they get their renewal at (if I remember right) the 59 day mark. It means you have already paid it with the renewal and no need to pay more at the airport.BUTYou raise an interesting point that means another tourist rip off. We have all paid the Exit FEE with our tourist visa renewal (check your receipt to see what it included if you have doubts) and then, if we stay past 6 months we have to pay for an ECC so we pay the fee twice.ORAre you saying things have changed since the last time I paid the fee with my tourist visa renewal?
I did find the following interesting tidbit though about prepayment of the Exit Clearance Certificate.. Memorandum Order No. AFFJR-07-002Advance Payment System of ECC/RP/SRC by the ACR I-Card Holders

In the implementation of the ACR I-Card Project, there were 101, 181 applications received as of December 29, 2006 and 98,188 actually paid, however 81,729 were approved. Per accounting records, the total collections as of Nov. 30, 2006 amounted to P261,031,476.80 and 50% was credited to the account of BI which amounted to P130,506, 738.44.

Since the BI had successfully implemented the ACR I-Card Project, it is now in the process of expediting the transaction process at the BI-NAIA and other airports and seaports all over the Philippines thru the ADVANCE PAYMENT SYSTEM of Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) by ACR I-Card holders.

• ACR I-Card holder/s may now pay in advance ECC/RP/SRC and this will automatically be incorporated into the ACR I-Card, and also will be deducted automatically whenever they depart from the country.
  • This advance payment for ECC/RP/SRC can be used within the year or more, however, unused advance payments can not be refunded but should be consumed up to the last centavo and if not will be forfeited in favor of the government.
  • etc.
  • etc.

Furnish of this memorandum to the Alien Registration Division, Computer Section, Cash Section, Head Supervisors Airports and Seaports, Finance and Management Division and all others concerned.For strict compliance.18 January 2007Alipio F. Fernandez, Jr.Commissioner

Edited by Salty Dog
fixed formatting

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

It appears that this Memorandum Order No. AFFJR-07-002 is pretty old, 18 January 2007 and seems to pertain only to 13a permanent resident aliens, because they can exit and reenter the Philippines using their ACR I-CARDS as their exit & re-entry permit where as Balikbayans on visa extensions and regular tourists can not, even though they have ACR I-Cards! The only time tourists are asked for their ACR I-Cards when they apply for their extension visas before their 59 days has expired or have been extending every 2 month intervals up to 24 months! For the Balikbayans, it's before their BB stamp will expire, they can either extend every 6 month intervals up to 24 months for those age 60 and over or leave the RP and get another BB stamp upon their return and also avoid paying the ECC fee! When it comes to immigration matters or their laws, one has to find the most current revisions and or memorandums which are additional publications to the original Republic Act improving and or enhancing it, because there are a lot of changes thereafter and or in between publication of the laws pertaining to whatever one is concerned about or to which pertains to them in their particular situation or circumstances!

Edited by Art2ro

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to be sure we are all on the same page. An Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC is different than an Exit Clearance Certificate also called an ECC by none other than the BI on their own web site.

MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. MCL-09-027

IMPLEMENTING RULES AND REGULATIONS (IRR) OF MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. MCL-09-024, DATED 23 NOVEMBER 2009, ENTITLED "ISSUANCE OF ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION IDENTITY CARD (ACR-ICARD) TO [1] NON-RESTRICTED FOREIGN NATIONALS GRANTED A TOTAL AUTHORIZED STAY OF FIFTY-NINE DAYS (59) AS TEMPORARY VISITORS UNDER SECTION 9(A) OF COMMONWEALTH ACT NO. 613, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION ACT OF 1940 AS AMMENDED, AND [2] TEMPORARY VISITORS WHO APPLY FOR AND ARE GRANTED SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT (SSP) AND SPECIAL WORK PERMIT (SWP)"Says as one of it's requirements:11. EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ECC). - Foreign nationals who have been granted a total authorized stay of six (6) months or more shall be required to secure a Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) from the Bureau of Immigration.Even though it says its required for stays of 6 months or more, we all paid this at the 1st visa extension (after 59 days) . This is not the same ECC as an Exit Clearance Certificate.

Edited by Salty Dog

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

So what you are saying there are two different types of ECCs, one for entering the country and the other for leaving the country! My topic title says "Exit Clearance Certificate" and your memorandum says "Immigration Clearance Certificate"! Now, which is which if they are different between the two! I'm just concerned about leaving and not entering the country!An Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC is different than an Exit Clearance Certificate also called an ECC by none other than the BI on their own web site.

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted
It appears that this Memorandum Order No. AFFJR-07-002 is pretty old, 18 January 2007 and seems to pertain only to 13a permanent resident aliens, because they can exit and reenter the Philippines using their ACR I-CARDS as their exit & re-entry permit where as Balikbayans on visa extensions and regular tourists can not, even though they have ACR I-Cards! The only time tourists are asked for their ACR I-Cards when they apply for their extension visas before their 59 days has expired or have been extending every 2 month intervals up to 24 months! For the Balikbayans, it's before their BB stamp will expire, they can either extend every 6 month intervals up to 24 months for those age 60 and over or leave the RP and get another BB stamp upon their return and also avoid paying the ECC fee! When it comes to immigration matters or their laws, one has to find the most current revisions and or memorandums which are additional publications to the original Republic Act improving and or enhancing it, because there are a lot of changes thereafter and or in between publication of the laws pertaining to whatever one is concerned about or to which pertains to them in their particular situation or circumstances!
I was only pointing out the memorandum to show that it's been over 5 years and it appears they still are not able to comply with the electronic requirements of the cards to handle among other things, Exit Clearance Certificate issues as they were designed for.I will have to remember in the future to explain myself better. :89: