Exit Clearance Certificate

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)
So what you are saying there are two different types of ECCs, one for entering the country and the other for leaving the country! My topic title says "Exit Clearance Certificate" and your memorandum says "Immigration Clearance Certificate"! Now, which is which if they are different between the two! I'm just concerned about leaving and not entering the country!An Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC is different than an Exit Clearance Certificate also called an ECC by none other than the BI on their own web site.
Dave mentioned it wasn't fair because we had already paid it at the 1st extension application. I was pointing out that they are not the same thing. Again I guess I wasn't clear enough, although I did explain the difference in the two. I guess I will have to start clearing my post with Art in the future so as to make sure they are accurate and understandable. :89: Now Art you do know I'm just kidding. I know better than to take you on in a battle of wits. :hystery: Edited by Salty Dog

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

​But you quoted An Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC is different than an Exit Clearance Certificate also called an ECC by none other than the BI on their own web site. And your last sentence says this 11. EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ECC). - Foreign nationals who have been granted a total authorized stay of six (6) months or more shall be required to secure a Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) from the Bureau of Immigration.Which seems to me an entry requirement and not an exit one! You see what I'm getting at? It's not about a battle of wits, but of presenting and understanding the facts!

Edited by Art2ro

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)
​But you quoted An Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC is different than an Exit Clearance Certificate also called an ECC by none other than the BI on their own web site. And your last sentence says this 11. EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ECC). - Foreign nationals who have been granted a total authorized stay of six (6) months or more shall be required to secure a Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) from the Bureau of Immigration.Which seems to me an entry requirement and not an exit one! You see what I'm getting at? It's not about a battle of wits, but of presenting and understanding the facts!
:89:I will update on what I find out about Exit Clearance at BI field office tomorrow.I will also check with Immigration at Cebu Airport and the Regional Office in Cebu when I'm there Wednesday. Edited by Salty Dog

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now that you have pointed out the difference between the two ECCs and are saying that we all pay twice for both ECCs and seems unfair! What can we do about it? If there are two different ECCs, then we are all paying for two different things, but in our case when we left the Philippines for Hong Kong just a few days ago on our vacation to get our BB stamped upon our return, we didn't have an ECC or even charged for one prior to our departure from NAIA! So go figure! We were just probably lucky the immigration official didn't catch it! I don't really know why, but a few years ago we both got our ECCs in 3 hrs from our local BI office here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna prior to our departure going to the U.S.! Our friends just left last week for the U.S. and they didn't have the ECC, but did pay it at NAIA prior to their departure! They too were told by the BI office in Sta. Rosa that the ECCs can be paid at the airport. I wish these BI offices can get their sh&t together! Why doesn't the Philippines just do away with their money grubbing 38 days and every 2 months visa schemes and just give all tourists 90 to 180 day exempt-visas like other countries? The Balikbayans already have the BB Stamp and Dual Citizenship re-acquisition Republic Act!

Edited by Art2ro

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted

If they really want our money, they should just do away with the requirement to leave and have an onward ticket. They could just charge us P5,000-P10,000 to start all over. It would be cheaper and easier for most of us and BI would make more Pesos. They could call it Start Over Loser (SOL)

• Like 1

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would like to start off by apologize to everyone for some ms-information I posted. As it turns out the form we have to obtain (at least some of us) to exit after living here for more than 6 (continuous) months is an "Emigration Clearance Certificate" or an ECC. It's often referred to as an Exit Clearance Certificate which happens to have the same initials ECC. I will attach a copy of one so you can see that is what it's actually called and what it looks like.Dave's post about already paying it when he got his first 60 day extension, is somewhat correct. The receipt says: Emigration Clearance Certificate 700.00. The name is the same, but I have no idea if they are. We did not have to complete an application for an ECC or provide photos and we never got an actual ECC form. Art mentioned that it might be considered an entry requirement when paid at the first 60 day extension. Whatever it is, I'm sure if I take my receipt to the office and say I already paid for it, they will look at me funny, smile or shake their head. I will still have to provide three photos, complete the form, provide thumb prints and pay again.post-759-0-31105400-1329135726_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added image correctly
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted
she has been in the RP over a year and a dual citizen,
If she is a dual citizen maybe that's why she didn't have to pay.From BI web site:

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
she has been in the RP over a year and a dual citizen,
If she is a dual citizen maybe that's why she didn't have to pay.From BI web site:

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

My wife is a dual citizen, but she doesn't yet have a Philippine passport, however she does have an (IC) Identification Certificate she used to depart and re-enter the Philippines! She used her U.S. passport when we went to Hong Kong and back! So, it looks like she doesn't require a ECC even having stayed more than 6 months in the Philippines, since she had an IC! Ain't these rules so confusing? The ECC ruling said, over 6 months, one has to pay! Go figure the double talk and their exemption rules! Anyway, we won't have to worry about ECCs anymore for a long while to come! Edited by Art2ro

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted
1%20(235).gif1%20(235).gif1%20(235).gifSo if I am living in the Philippines on a 13A visa, and I decide or need to go to Thailand real quick for medical trteatment, do I need a pre approved exit clearance?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
even mention anything about my wife's ECC! We didn't say word and just went ahead to our boarding gate to wait for our flight! So, now we don't really what would have happened if my wife needed an ECC and don't know who would we have to pay it to! So that was the confusing part that I was saying! ECC or no ECC and where to pay it the airport,
Art you brought up a interesting situation. this time they did not "ask" or request a ECC. but what about next time? what advice can you suggest for others who may be in a situation ,when one was told that the ECC can be paid at the airportbut When you process out(depart) it cant be done, that they give some reason or excuse that it had to be done at the BI office. (do you bring out Mr washington. Uncle Rizal, Ate Cory?)I am sure someday this may occur to others, Your advice i am sure will be well appreciated