Exit Clearance Certificate

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yes it is a little confusing where to pay for the exit fee at the airport or if one actually requires to have a ECC according to what is published under this memorandum

MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. MCL-09-027 2009 which says the following:

http://immigration.g...=612&Itemid=10311. EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ECC). - Foreign nationals who have been granted a total authorized stay of six (6) months or more shall be required to secure a Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) from the Bureau of Immigration.12. EXIT/DEPARTURE FROM THE COUNTRY. - Notwithstanding its validity period, the ACR I-CARD shall not be used as a Re-Entry Permit (RP) or Special Return Certificate (SRC) at the time if arrival and primary inspection at the port of entry for [1] non-restricted foreign nationals who have been granted a total authorized stay of more than fifty-nine (59) days as Temporary Visitor under Section 9(a) of Commonwealth Act No. 613, as ammended and [2] Temporary Visitors who apply for and are granted Special Study Permit (SSP) and Special Work Permit (SWP) after an exit/departure is made from the country.From what we experienced last week was different from what the memorandum says in securing a ECC prior to departure if one has stayed in the Philippines for more than 6 months, but was maybe because our immigration status and length of stay in the Philippines, because you see my wife's status is different from mine where as she is a dual citizen with a IC only and no Philippine passport as of yet and I a Balikbayan on a 6 month (9a) visa extension when my BB stamp expired, but only 3 months into my extension meaning I don't require a ECC and my wife don't either from what Salty Dog has just posted previously to this post!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My Gawd but it sounds like it would be easier to just stay and go into hiding!But that would be an issue for a different post on here... :mocking:

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
My Gawd but it sounds like it would be easier to just stay and go into hiding!But that would be an issue for a different post on here... :mocking:
IHMO, if one doesn't have a ECC or doesn't even know that it's a requirement prior to one's departure, I don't think immigration will stop you from leaving the Philippines! They will just charge you the P710 I think it is before allowing you to proceed the boarding gate to catch your flight without any hassle or worries of being detained! It isn't a serious offense of not having a ECC, one just pays it prior to their departure, where ever that is, because I haven't experience paying it at the airport yet! A member on this forum may tell us where, how and when it's paid at the airport besides at the their local BI office with an ECC in their possession! If anyone thinks this ECC is confusing, check out the Travel Tax requirements and if one needs a P1,620 refund, good luck! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is a related topic that could be useful to the "Exit Clearance Certificate" questions that some may have

• 1 year later...
Sking
Posted
Posted

Requirements for EXIT CLEARANCE updated October 29, 2013

CLARK DISTRICT OFFICE

Angeles City, Pampanga

(045)-499-1246

opens from 7:30 am onwards

(For temporary visitors who stayed beyond 6 months)

- Passport

- Complete filled-out form ( get it from the recieving area next from the guard)

- 1 Photocopy of Passport

- 1 Photocopy of ACR I-CARD (front and back)

- Photocopy of Passport indicated proof of payment of latest visa extension

- Photocopy of OFFICIAL RECIEPT for the latest visa extension

- Five (5) pieces recent 2x2 COLORED PICTURE with WHITE BACKGROUND and no eye glasses

for your convenience please remember APPLICANTS wearing sando, shorts, slippers, short pants will not be allowed to enter the office.

This took us only about 30 minutes because we arrived there exactly 7:30am on tuesday... Much convenient here in Clark Pampanga.

You can get your certificate the next day or in some cases, they allow it the same day if you are

booked to fly on that same day..

I hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...
bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Ok just got my EEC yesterday, I had overstayed 2 months so had to pay the fine plus an extra month as it was a week after my latest extension ran out.... 1500p fines, Once that was done I payed an additional 500p for my EEC, got my fingerprints done and attached the 5 photos as needed and bobs your uncle that was that, all done in a 4 hour period in makati sub office ..... Problem for me is now my flight got cancelled and my company want me to leave after Christmas rather than this weekend!! I'm only picking up my EEC tomorrow and I need to cancel it already! Is this ok?

I'll also need to extend my visa the last time as that'll be 16 months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I got my ECC at the BI in Cebu two days ago. It took about 90 minutes as the small place was very busy. From the doors, go to the left where it says take a number. The guy there at the desk gives you a form to fill out (no number) and tells you to bring it back to him with 3 pics and your passport. He stamps and checks it out then tells you to bring it to Recieving 1 window. She tells you to sit down and wait for them to call you. They call and tell you to go to Cashier 1 where you pay 500p and sit down. Then a guy comes out with your papers and takes you to a corner to get your thumbprints. Then you wait again until he comes back with your papers and says "bye".  ECC in my hand.

I think that the ECC is good for 30 days from the date of issue. Also, keep the receipt stapled together with the ECC, or else........

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I got my ECC at the BI in Cebu two days ago. It took about 90 minutes as the small place was very busy. From the doors, go to the left where it says take a number. The guy there at the desk gives you a form to fill out (no number) and tells you to bring it back to him with 3 pics and your passport. He stamps and checks it out then tells you to bring it to Recieving 1 window. She tells you to sit down and wait for them to call you. They call and tell you to go to Cashier 1 where you pay 500p and sit down. Then a guy comes out with your papers and takes you to a corner to get your thumbprints. Then you wait again until he comes back with your papers and says "bye". ECC in my hand.

I think that the ECC is good for 30 days from the date of issue. Also, keep the receipt stapled together with the ECC, or else........

As I understand it, there are 2 offices. One near SM and the other inside a mall on Mactan Island. Do both offer ecc? Which did you go to and what time of day?

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I got my ECC at the BI in Cebu two days ago. It took about 90 minutes as the small place was very busy. From the doors, go to the left where it says take a number. The guy there at the desk gives you a form to fill out (no number) and tells you to bring it back to him with 3 pics and your passport. He stamps and checks it out then tells you to bring it to Recieving 1 window. She tells you to sit down and wait for them to call you. They call and tell you to go to Cashier 1 where you pay 500p and sit down. Then a guy comes out with your papers and takes you to a corner to get your thumbprints. Then you wait again until he comes back with your papers and says "bye". ECC in my hand.

As I understand it, there are 2 offices. One near SM and the other inside a mall on Mactan Island. Do both offer ecc? Which did you go to and what time of day?

In Manduae, the main BI, even tho for the size of Cebu and the amount of foreigners, it is a very small BI office. The one in Mactan is called the satellite office and I don't think that they do it.  I was there at about 10 AM.

Edited by jpbago

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks :)