Pharmacy School

thailen19
Posted
Posted

A new relationship is being constructed and I need to check on some things. My new friend says she's in the second year of pharmacy college(in Cebu) andI need to know the approximate cost of a year's tuition.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
A new relationship is being constructed and I need to check on some things. My new friend says she's in the second year of pharmacy college(in Cebu) andI need to know the approximate cost of a year's tuition.
Hey guys,Let's not impose any morality comments regarding our new member donating tuition funds for his new friend.Not just yet anyway.....he, he.Welcome to the forum Thailen19! Edited by JAKE
spell check

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
A lot will have to do with where the student is going to live. If they live at home, costs will be much lower. My advice would be to call the actual college and find out from them and then understand there will be projects and other expenses such as books etc. Educated guess will be about p10,000 per semester. Now I will toss in my disclaimer, it is my opinion that it is very kind of a person who wishes to send someone to college, but there are many scammers out there just waiting to part a foreigner with their money, so if you can arrange to send the money directly to the college, then IMHO that would be the best way, and if not then only give more money once you have received receipts for what the money given was spent on, and only pay for the next semester once you have received the grades for the last semester and all receipts. Edited by Mr. Lee

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Good idea to contribute... but 1st, ask for the prior report cards to be scanned and emailed so you can see for yourself she is in 2nd year.....

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what its worth, we just sent P40,000 so my Niece could attend her final year of Nursing college. However that is one of the top of the line accredited nursing schools in Manila. Already had two Nieces graduate from it.Hope that will give some comparison anyway

• Like 1

thailen19
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the good advice. I have no intention to pay for tuition or any other cost associated with pharmacy school unless and until we establish a solid relationship. She lives at home, so if it's a middle-range school, what would the average cost for two semesters be, including books and tuition? Is there a Ministry of Higher Education or other government website I can pose the question to?

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

What's the name of the college? Better colleges cost more, so the 10,000 pesos tuition might be right, but it could hop up 15,000 or 20,000 depending on the school. My experience sending one student through a 3 year associate electrical engineer program was on the 12,000 pesos area plus maybe 1500 or 2000 for projects, copying textbooks and so forth. That was in Cebu. A second student, doing HRM in Baguio City is 20,000 a trimester (4 year program but done in 3 years) plus 2000 to 4000 for projects and school trips. Nursing is higher, as mentioned and a good medical degree is going to be 75,000 a semester and up here in Luzon. Masters degree is 8,000 to 12,000 depending on the number of courses (9 credit hours and up is considered full time for a masters program) though that can vary depending on the school.

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Oh, and my price estimates were for a single semester, not a year. Most of the schools expect the student to photocopy their text books although I've seen nursing students with some serious texts and reference manuals, so that may be true for pharmacists too. If your relationship begins to bloom, remember you can likely buy good quality second hand reference books and ship them to her pretty cheap using my-shoppingbox.com. If she's a serious student, she'll love having good quality reference books.

• 4 weeks later...
daisy
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the good advice. I have no intention to pay for tuition or any other cost associated with pharmacy school unless and until we establish a solid relationship. She lives at home, so if it's a middle-range school, what would the average cost for two semesters be, including books and tuition? Is there a Ministry of Higher Education or other government website I can pose the question to?
If you want to help her, just specify a specific amount comfortable for you to subsidise her school expenses everyday/month. Pharmacy is an expensive college here in PI, you should know Commission on Higher Education although have the mandate as to tuition fee's regulations, they don't have specific information for a specific college/university. You need to go the site of the school where she is enrolled.
  • Like 1