Ex-Kidnap-Slay Case Suspects Want $60M From Government

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

CEBU CITY -- A false accusation amounts to a human rights abuse, said the couple whom police first tagged as suspects in the abduction and murder of a Cebuana schoolgirl.That's why they filed a complaint asking the United Nations (UN) to compel the Republic of the Philippines to pay them US$60 million or about P2.5 billion at Friday's exchange rate.Norwegian tourist Sven Erik Berger and his Cebuana fiancée, Karen Esdrelon, filed the new complaint seven days after they lodged a P220-million damage suit against four police officers and an immigration official at the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas.Link to this story

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank god someone is trying to keep some of these idiots in line ...... if Gwyn hadn't gotten involved they would have been railroaded into serving a crime they didn't commit ..... but all is well the long arm of the law has got another couple set up to take the fall ..... I mean they had to have done it because the couple had sex toys and naughty movies in their home ..... and anyone with that type of stuff would murder a child ...... and they found these new suspects almost immediately after they lost face with the other couple ......Police work here is absolutely a joke .... point in question ..... 1.8 million pesos was taken from the Sinulog festival locked away in the sports complex ..... their suspect ... a guard ... the reason because a crow-bar was found next to his locker ..... and the cops could not wait to take finger prints (finger prints ... what the heck are those ... you mean you can find some one guilty OR innocent with finger prints) ...... they were showing off to the media as to how it was done using the crow-bar ...... everybody was handling it .... there had to be a good 20-30 prints on that bar ...... but then this is nothing new ..... these people are so media crazy they loose bunches of cases because they don't follow proper procedures ...... they just can't wait to get their pictures in the paper or on the TV ..... the hell with the evidence .... how did you like my smile .....Sorry I love most things about the Phils ...... but their police work sucks ..... big time .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
if Gwyn hadn't gotten involved they would have been railroaded into serving a crime they didn't commit
Who is Gwyn?

Markham
Posted
Posted
if Gwyn hadn't gotten involved they would have been railroaded into serving a crime they didn't commit
Who is Gwyn?
I believe he means Gwen - Gwendolyn Garcia, Cebu's State Governor.The news piece has got it slightly wrong in that Erik and Karen are now husband and wife but I note that it's a rehash of a Sun Star article published last July. A more up to date version was published today in The Freeman and Sun Star.
  • Like 1