For The Americans On The Forum, Retirement Options

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This is in reference to other posts (currently invisible) that appears to escalate the situation...... This CHIT is getting too deep. This whole thread "Retirement Options" is lost in space. And now the other members, especially the new ones we just welcome to this "wonderful forum" are thinking we're a bunch of immature cry babies, just like the other forums. I am really embarrassed about all this and deeply apologize to our new members.
I came home from work today to find trouble,I too am deeply embarrassed from what I seen here which most members would have not seen all of the posts as they were set invisible until I had a chance to review them.Let me make a statement now and make sure you read it.This forum has a reputation as being friendly but two members who should know better seem to think they can break the rules and wreck the whole damn forum in one day.Take note,NO members will attack another member.No members will abuse Forum Support Staff.If you have a problem with a member or support staff you will contact me,the owner and person who pays the bills, you will not post attacks on the forum or if you choose to do so you will be shown the door.Have I made it clear?Now back to the topic of Retirement options.Do not give your opinion on my statement above in this forum as the steam blowing out my ears will burn your butt.Back to topic please. :508:
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, back on topic with "Retirement Options"! Well, each to their own, because "Different Strokes For Different Folks" as I alway say! And "It's Always A Matter Of Money"! Either you have it or you don't which makes the difference of one's retirement options, if there's any to be had depending on one's source of income! But for curiosity's sake, continue to post what the retirement options would be for a rich or poor American, let alone a Fil/Am! I don't mind reading the good or the bad what is expected just in case I drop below the U.S. standard poverty levels, single, married, divorced or whatever the case may be in the near future and during this global recession we are all in! :508:

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Do not give your opinion on my statement above in this forum as the steam blowing out my ears will burn your butt.
Promises... promises.... (sorry, I shouldn't post sober)I am really going over all the retirement threads I can find. I have at least a couple years just getting things ready financially before I quit working -"retirement" is still 11 years away. I can't see me waiting that long honestly. With my health concerns I would rather live and enjoy for now. Plenty of time to starve and sleep on the streets after I die. (the Navy did leave me pretty ###### up for a non-combatant I am a bit un-American as I have well under $10,000 in credit debt. And that includes my car too. I need to get all that paid off, then deal with the house - I bought it 15 years ago so I think one of my kids should rent it since it is cheaper than current rents. Whenever I do go I will just give my car to one of my kids, but I'm not sure about the house. If one will make the payments they can live in it and if I have to come crawling back home at least I won't have to sleep under a bridge. But if I sell it the extra cash would realllly help me get set up in the PI's. We will play it by ear for now.Here in the States I will have to work until a week after I die. that doesn't sound like fun to me. I will keep an eye for all the retirement tips I can find. Great forum so far!
  • Like 3