Fbar You Can File Electronic Now

United Army
Posted
Posted

I’m not sure if those that need to file a FBAR Form TD-F 90-22.1 know this, but you can file this form electronic now, by using BSA E-Filing System Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.Here is the website: http://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/main.html I just filed mine and it has been accepted. You cannot use Google so I used Internet Explorer in order to file. Its somewhat complicated to get started I found, but after several tries and 2 phone calls I finally got done.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

FBAR! Looks like "Cloak and Dagger" or Top Secret "Mission Impossible stuff"!Just kidding! :SugarwareZ-037: So I gather you didn't use Turbo Tax this year? I'm taking my time this year since I'm going to end up paying IRS anyways!

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

If you make less than $57,000 I believe you can file electronically for free. They will even deposit your return in your US bank for you. This program is called FreeFile. I have not seen it specifically stated US expats can use it, but the home page for it says it is available to everyone. So you do not have to purchase expensive software to file. If you want to claim your asawa or children, they will need an ITIN/SSN, of course. A second service that I have personally used and that ended up with the IRS deciding in my favor was a Tax Advocate. They are IRS employees but they sort through your problem if it has been going on for awhile and you feel you are not getting a fair shake. In my case, an outfit recording payments for a home I sold reported those payments as interest only. Ended with the IRS saying I owed them thousands of dollars. Yikes. The tax advocate helped me get everything together, maybe did some calls in the US, not sure about that, but in the end, the IRS demands stopped and I got a refund. Whoopee! Note, they do not do business by email at all. Either phone or mail. Magic Jack is very handy in that circumstance.

• Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted

I use some type of FreeFile here is the website https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/FFA/FreeFileForms.htm (Free File Alliance) for doing my Federal Taxes this year, and and my 1040 got rejected 3 times by the IRS. So I switched to Turbo Tax the Free Edition and when it was transmitted to the IRS it was accepted with in 12 hours. I also filled out the 1040 for Turbo Tax the exact same way I did for FreeFile. I think FreeFile has some problems...

• Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I have not used freefile yet due to my wife's ITIN situation. But they let you select from a number of software providers to do freefile. I think that Turbo Tax is one of them, actually. But the effect is the same. Free software, file electronically, voila, much less hassle. Good for you!

United Army
Posted
Posted

I think my FBAR got to the Department of The Treasury. First I got a message that it was Received, then it was Transmitted now I got a message that it was a Acknowledged by the Finance Center. I sent it on the 20th of January. So that's i, t all done till next year.... :mocking: