Cni...cert Of No Impediment

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

He didn't say why his LCCM was denied and I didn't ask him. My guess is he's not sure why it was denied. My impression is they got into some kind of disagreement and maybe an argument over the matter.

When the consulate asked my fiancee her date of birth she got confused by saying it in numbers instead of saying the month name, day of the month and year. She finally said it correctly but was laughing. He became suspicious that she was lying so he asked her several questions about where she was born and how we met. I convinced him that she just got confused and was laughing because she was acting silly and not because she had anything to hide. He was satisfied then but he didn't laugh. He had a very serious demeanor but polite when I told him to have a nice day as he handed me approved LCCM and we were leaving.

My advice to you is to practice asking your fiancee questions before you go to the consulates office. Good questions would be: What is your full name? When were you born? Where were you born? What's your parents names? Have you been married before? Has your fiance been married before or how many times has your fiance been married? How and where did you meet your fiance?

Be sure she knows everything on her Birth Certificate and all of the information is correct. You will be surprised how many people never read their Birth Certificate. Just seeing their name on the BC is good enough for a lot of people.

You and your fiancee need to be serious, business like and not happy or laughing because you're getting married soon. The consulate will be trying to determine if your fiancee has lied on any of her documents, is lying to him or lying to you. Therefore most of the questions will be directed towards her and she will be expected to answer them correctly or with the same information that's on the documents you submit that day.

If you and your fiancee do a review of all information and then a question and answer session for her before going to apply for the LCCM and are honest and serious when interviewed by the consulate then you shouldn't have any problems getting the LCCM.

You should do the question and answer session with your fiancee in English. The consulate can speak some Visayan but will probably conduct the interview in English in case the fiancee lies her fiance will know that she lied. And, if she's able to answer the questions in English she will be able to answer them in Visayan too.

Let me know if you have any more questions and let us know how it goes.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Who is going to marry you? Why not just go to them to have the form signed? They are on the list of signees. Just remember that usually you are suppose to sign forms like this with them observing and then they sign immediately after.

hey Bob, thanks for the feedback...

I have no idea who will marry us and we will worry about that when we get to that stage but it will only be a registration procedure and nothing in the way of a ceremony but we will probably invite my fiancée's older sisters and best friend and have some light celebration afterwards.

Anyway, regarding my last post. What I'm trying to achieve here is not so much worrying about the past experience with getting the form sighed but looking ahead to when I get to Manila and where I could find someone to sign it when I get off the plane and before I get to the office to hand it in at Makati. I don't know Manila at all and have only been there a couple of times and that was brief.

So I'm hoping someone might know if there is a person in authority at the airport that could be a witness and sign it or if there is an office I could go to close by that I could find a person that matches what they quote as follows:

*The persons before whom this declaration may be made are: a legal practitioner; a medical practitioner; an Australian Consular Officer; an Australian Diplomatic Officer; a person authorised under section 3© or 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955; a bailiff; a civil marriage celebrant; a clerk of a court; a Justice of the Peace; a magistrate; a minister of religion; a Notary Public; a police officer; a Registrar or Deputy Registrar of a court; or a permanent employee (with 5 or more years of continuous service) of a local government authority or of Commonwealth, State or Territory government or authority.

I'm hoping I can find out this soon as I can't book my ticket from Manila to Cebu until I can decide if it will be possible to get the CNI form signed before I can take it to the office in Makati?

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Adventurer,

I don't believe you will have any problem getting your document signed.  Just go to the Australian Consular Office first. They can probably do everything there for you.  And if no one can sign it there then either walk or take a taxi to a lawyer's office which won't be far away.  Just ask the Guard who will be outside to see if you can walk.  Also, Taxi drivers speak some English and will know where a Lawyers office is located.

Some of the people on the list you quoted do not exist in the Philippines. For example Notary Public's are Lawyers here. Lawyers can Notarize and give Oaths for just about anything.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

OK thanks Americano, that sounds positive and I was thinking maybe it could be done there, I think I will just book my ticket to leave in the afternoon to give plenty of time to arrange it all anyway.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree...  Arrange things so that you have lots of time to do what ever needs to be done without rushing!  Less stress that way will help keep a big smile for that special someone in your life!  Ok, I know it will be a big smile but it won't be a strained-from-all-the-stress smile!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK thanks Americano, that sounds positive and I was thinking maybe it could be done there, I think I will just book my ticket to leave in the afternoon to give plenty of time to arrange it all anyway.

I don't understand why you do not get a JP in Australia to sign and stamp it just like I did although mine was posted but as long as it stamped by a JP as the witness I can not see any problem. Or as it says, a Consular officer may be your witness so i'm sure they are that in the embassy and should do it for you while you are there.

Don't forget if you have been married before you will need your dissolution of marriage papers with you. 

*The persons before whom this declaration may be made are: a legal practitioner; a medical practitioner; an

Australian Consular Officer; an Australian Diplomatic Officer; a person authorised under section 3© or 3(d) of

the Consular Fees Act 1955; a bailiff; a civil marriage celebrant; a clerk of a court; a Justice of the Peace; a

magistrate; a minister of religion; a Notary Public; a police officer; a Registrar or Deputy Registrar of a court; or a

permanent employee (with 5 or more years of continuous service) of a local government authority or of

Commonwealth, State or Territory government or authority.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I don't understand why you do not get a JP in Australia to sign and stamp it just like I did although mine was posted but as long as it stamped by a JP as the witness I can not see any problem. Or as it says, a Consular officer may be your witness so i'm sure they are that in the embassy and should do it for you while you are there. Don't forget if you have been married before you will need your dissolution of marriage papers with you.

That's a great idea thanks Jolly, this is why I like forums as you often hear a number of ways to get things done. It can't hurt to print the form out and get it signed before I go. This did actually cross my mind but I thought they would only accept it been signed in the Philippines like many things So yeah I will give it a go anyway and if not then I'm sure they will sign it there or point me where to go.

As for been married before, no that is not a problem for me so it makes it a bit easier and along with my fiancée who has never been married either.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

You would still have to get a local one anyway.... wouldn't you ?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm sure if you ask Tom nicely...  He must fall under one of those categories somewhere, doesn't he?

:mocking:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You would still have to get a local one anyway.... wouldn't you ?

Local what? If you mean JP, why? If you can post the form from Australia witnessed by a JP in Australia then why would it be any different handing it in person already witnessed? 

The other thing for what its worth is why not just do it here and post it, saves going anywhere.

• Like 1