A Few Questions From A Newbie

ozbuckley
Posted
Posted

Whats the story with renting scooters long term (3-6 months)?Can you ship the scooter with you on the ferry between batangus and Puerto Galera?If so, would it be cheaper to rent one in Puerto Galera or Manila? How much can one expect to pay for monthly rentals?As I said before, in Bali I was renting a scooter for $50 a month (good local price)... thats like $1.50 a day!! alot of bike rental competition there

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
O-U-C, I actually read this morning that from Batangus to Manila can only take 1.5 hours by taking the toll highway.
yeah it can be but also depends on traffic and the time of the day you get there , my best advice is leave as ealy as possible i left at 6 am and got to the beach at around 12 noon and that was the waiting time at the pier for the ferry and us getting a room to stay in !!im glad i could help if you need any more info let me know i'll be glad to help you out the best i can !O-U-C :89:

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hey O-U-C,You definitely know how to tease me with your colorful videos of one of my favorite places, Puerto Galera.For Ozbuckley, it's worth a trip to check out. The only thing it doesn't have on your list is surfing. The hot spots for surfing is Cloud Nine in Surigao http://www.nomadsurf...urfcamp/93.html; central west coastof Luzon (San Juan, La Union) and the upper NW corner of Luzon called Kingfisher:
haha jake dont forget to check out the video on my youtube channel i did of the ladyboys doing the fireshow on the beach , i know it will get you wipers on your monitor going hahahahttp://youtu.be/TP6LlG2OMKw Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

im not sure about bringing scooters with you but im sure its possible to rent them for a month , i got one for a day one time and they charged me 500 pesos ( around $13 cdn ) but that was a few years ago now you will see allot of guys with like plack cards with the price on there i think its a little harder to haggle for the price but you can ask around if they would rent it for the month i dont know how much deposit it would be but again you can just talk to them !!ohh one more thing when your arriving in batangus dont be shocked too much with all the people that will try to get you on there boats theres allot of comp.i usually use a boat company call blue penguin they have big boats and they goto all 3 places sabang , puerto galera , white beach you can see one of there boats pass by me in the video i posted , also you will have to pay a enviroment fee and a termninal fee when you at the peir in batangus , also when you arrive to sabang and puerto galera and white beach you will be greeted by allot of people trying to get you to goto there resort , best thing to do is say thanks but no thanks and then go for a beer or what ever and wait for the croud to go away then start looking because they will over charge you if they take you , thats where a local friend comes in handy !!!O-U-C

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Old55, thanks the photo. Im guessing this is your wife? ;o)
My wife is much more lovely. IMO. :)By all means learn to SCUBA dive in the Philippines. Just take care to find a certified dive center.