Contact Info For Recommended Taxi Drivers.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

When in Bacolod use G&C ...... the bright blue taxi's ..... they have both small and large (van type) taxi's and are radio dispatched ......

446-1675

707-4670

0923-859-6268

0915-859-7870939-259-9996

How do they calculate prices?

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Danny had his phone stolen. His new numbers are+639061534659 or +639224633757He can drive you any where on the island of Cebu or Mactan Island.On Bohol, I use Albert Odtohan of Made Travelmadeboholtravel@yahoo.comLandline +63 38 5018165Mobile + 63 918 5046447He can take you anywhere on the island of Bohol or Panglao IslandOn Leyte I use Butch. He is a tout operating from the Supercat Pier in Ormoc City. I first met him in 2003 and have used him regularly since. His number is +639194334483He can take you anywhere on Leyte, Biliran or SamarIf you want the best deals with him, consider using a multicab instead of an aircon van.Regards: Jim

Also want to recommend Danny. He is a top bloke and can actually drive so it's possible to relax with him. Also he is as straight as a gun barrel so you can leave things with him when shopping etc.

Recently we were called during the night (in Oz) from a relative from north of Carmen Cebu who's kid had a ruptured appendix. Desperate, and with no other way to help this kid, we contacted Danny who was good enough to pull his cab from Cebu City and get the kid to hospital in the city. The kid had major surgery because his appendix had ruptured. I hate to think what could have been if Danny wasn't kind enough to help out. He is one top bloke who deserves our support.

How much did this trip from Carmen to Cebu city cost, if you please?

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Taxi price in the Phils is pretty well standard p40 to start and then so much per km .... don't remember the exact amount per km but if you have been to Cebu it is the same .... we have a SUV but when we do take a taxi here in Bacolod we can go just about anywhere p110 ..... SM to Robinsons is p70 ..... and like Cebu they will use the meter here just make sure they turn it on .... that goes for anywhere in the Phils .....

And in adding to your other post in a different thread there are plenty of jeepneys .... tricycles and pedicabs ..... very few habal-habal ..... not a popular form of transportation here .... as far as fares it kinda depends on distance for tricycles p5-15.... tricycles normally don't go out on the main roads and pedicabs are not allowed on most roads except in back streets ..... but if your a foreigner price of trikes and pedicabs is usually is what ever they can get away with ....

jeeps are like taxi's pretty much standardized with other Phil cities .... 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Francis.Dong
Posted
Posted

I suggest pick the pink taxi in Metro Manila. Also, always bring spare change or give them the exact amount with a php 20 tip when you ride a taxi. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
putidako
Posted
Posted

Danny Noy's cars charge 20% more than what other drivers are likely to charge. I was quoted 600 Compostela to Colon last year. However it is true that I don't know anybody else who can pretty much be relied upon to have a car wherever you are in Cebu or even outside it by telephone.

In Manila recently I was using an excellent driver who had been the personal driver of a foreigner for 20 years but who had recently died so he'd gone on the meter taxis. Intelligent man, excellent English, would charge a fair price on longer runs out of town, his name is ALVIN 09321912649

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't know why I didn't post this before, as I was the one who asked JGF to start this thread a long time ago.

Last December I used Dex of Dexnet Car Rentals for a ride from Subic Bay to NAIA, and then he picked us up in January upon our return.  Great service both ways for a fair price.  He just quoted me p4500 for an upcoming trip to the U.S. Embassy, including fuel and tolls.  He has a couple of late model Innovas that are clean and comfortable.  When he took us to NAIA, he took us on shortcuts that I would never know about, almost completely bypassing EDSA and we got there well before I thought we would.

As mentioned on another thread today, he saved me a trip to Manila by letting me know about the upcoming embassy outreach here in Subic.  Very nice guy, family man with 4 kids, lived in the U.S. for a few years, and speaks perfect English.  I think he has a contract with the U.S. Navy as he is always posting on FB about his travels with them.  You can see pictures on his FB page.

I think he will take you anywhere you want in N. Luzon, but he is based here in Olongapo.

His contact info:

Dex Ognita

Dexnet Transport

Smart: 0919 385 0267

Globe: 0917 718 2436

PLDT: 047 222 0943

email: Ognita@gmail.com

FB:  https://www.facebook.com/dexnettransport/?fref=ts

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

For Metro Manila, I would walk to a major hotel and have a doorman hail for a taxi. To protect their guests, taxi permitted to wait in line are pre-screened. The driver pays a commission for the privilege and sometimes the meters are faster. The doorman receives a tip and the one for the drive is a little bit more generous to make up for his commission payment.

• Like 1