Clearances Or Documentation Needed For Return To Home,what Is Needed?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

when you leave the RP what paperwork or documenttation would you need to return back to your home country, I post this, since its not yet been fully discussed on this important yet overlooked issue in another topic, 1 person needed his US FBI record to do some kind of business here(either for retiree visa or adoption), thats from the HOME Country to the RP. What would 1 need to prove that he/she has been a GOOD citizen while away from the US/AUS/UK etc? NBI is one but which NBI Clearance would 1 need?travel abroad?cancellation of ACR?REPATRIATION?Other Requirements?The LOCAL POLICE Clearance ? is the other.Barangay Clearance ? what does any one know so if I/you or another FM member has to return, at least they have some idea of what or how to do this? below is for the BI exit clearance(link post) but in this situation IT DOES NOT APPLY as its related to BI mattershttp://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/11481-exit-clearance-certificate

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

When you leave the RP what paperwork or documenttation would you need to return back to your home country?It's simple! Have a valid passport, a valid visa that's not expired, a one way plane ticket with all the fees paid like Philippine tax of the ticket, (ECC) exit fee, terminal fee and travel tax if you plan not to return any time soon, when they hand you your boarding pass, you just hop on the plane back to your home country! Am I missing something here to your question? I may have read your questions all wrong and maybe because it has a mix of other questions that don't fit in with the first line sentence!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
When you leave the RP what paperwork or documenttation would you need to return back to your home country?It's simple! Have a valid passport, a valid visa that's not expired, a one way plane ticket with all the fees paid like Philippine tax of the ticket, (ECC) exit fee, terminal fee and travel tax if you plan not to return any time soon, when they hand you your boarding pass, you just hop on the plane back to your home country! Am I missing something here to your question? I may have read your questions all wrong and maybe because it has a mix of other questions that don't fit in with the first line sentence!
Well ART how would I reword this?If you had to return back to your Past employer what would you need ? yes they would do a Background check.but .. what paper work would you need?some FM are still young that if we RETURNED back to our HOME country we may need to work, WHAT ITEMS WOULD WE NEED TO PRESENT to show that we had NO CRIMINAL Convictions or Arrests?The BI exit clearance is NOT SUFFICIENT to "prove" that we had "good"behavior. its just a CLEARANCE TO EXIT .that according to them (BI)we pass their rules to leave ,I know of 1 person.thru their parent that they needed a POLICE CLEARANCE & BARANGAY letter to show that they had lived where they claimed,.perhaps this topic is VERY LIMITED as it would only effect very few FM(under 10-15) at the most
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The BI exit clearance is NOT SUFFICIENT to "prove" that we had "good"behavior. its just a CLEARANCE TO EXIT .that according to them (BI)we pass their rules to leave ,
When I read the ECC that was 'sold' to me at BI it said that I was not wanted for anything or charged with any crime. They do a criminal record search before issuing which is why they want us to show up during office hours at BI and wait a while. Are you suggesting that is not enough? I can tell you it would be for any of my ex employers.
  • Like 3

stef
Posted
Posted

well i am one of them who has to do police clearance and NBI clearance to take with me on my return to the UK this is only if i have been out of the the UK for more than 6 monthsi also have to do UK police clearance on my return to the UK as this is required to keep my security clearance update for my work in the UK

• Like 2

stef
Posted
Posted

what i must do for my NBI and police clearance1st get letter from my HOA manager to certify where i live2nd pay my community tax cost 5 peso3rd get barangay certification cost 20 peso4th go to NBI MANILA fill in form for travel abroad have my fingerprints and photo taken show items 1,2,3 with receipts and then wait for the clearance certificate cost 115 peso5th go to local city hall pay police clearance tax for travel abroad cost 100 peso6th go to local police station fill in form for travel abroad have my fingerprints and photo taken show items 1 to 5 with receipts and then wait for the clearance certificate cost 150 pesoNote you can not get local police clearance for travel abroad without doing NBI clearance for travel abroad first

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
well i am one of them who has to do police clearance and NBI clearance to take with me on my return to the UK this is only if i have been out of the the UK for more than 6 monthsi also have to do UK police clearance on my return to the UK as this is required to keep my security clearance update for my work in the UK
There you go Ed, your friend's answer to his predicament in returning to his home country! Sure sounds like a royal screw job from both countries if you ask me! Oh well, it's the employer's policies and or procedures in how their hiring practices are for those high security sensitive jobs! I recall going through the same thing in the U.S., but nothing what others go through in this situation having resided overseas and still working! Glad I'm retired! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What ever happened to the days when the most you had to worry about was joking with your own customs and hoping they didn't look in this bag or that for the extra bottle you brought home... You would think that the Philippines (or most other countries for that matter) would not care if you were wanted or had a criminal past... Getting you out of their country would get you out of their hair and it would be cheaper for the country as well - no prison costs, prosecution costs, etc! I'd be more concerned about not letting you back in!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You would think that the Philippines (or most other countries for that matter) would not care if you were wanted or had a criminal past...
Its because someone might bring their criminal ways into the country. The Philippines and anywhere else already has its share of rapist, murderers, con men etc so why would they want more to roam freely and possible committing crimes against their own people?

Garpo
Posted
Posted
You would think that the Philippines (or most other countries for that matter) would not care if you were wanted or had a criminal past...
Its because someone might bring their criminal ways into the country. The Philippines and anywhere else already has its share of rapist, murderers, con men etc so why would they want more to roam freely and possible committing crimes against their own people?
Those of us that live here in the Philippines really do not want any more foreign criminals than are already here. One bad apple makes us all look bad so I am all for a criminal check on all. Would love to also see a world wide sex offenders list that all could be checked, but that is a ways off I think.
  • Like 3