One Way Tickets Question

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
Here's an associated thread from another post I made under another topic relating to your question of a one-way ticket which is only proper to be added here to your topic and also get you and others familiar with the follow-on ticket rule .Read the last paragraph starting with But.............,http://www.philippin...ving-to-manila/4 years ago when my wife and I did a 3 day weekend turnaround in Bangkok, Thailand from the Philippines, most of the airline check-in counters all had signs displaying information to tourists that they must have on-ward tickets prior to boarding or in our case, returning to the Philippines on PAL! Luckily, we had our on-ward tickets from Cebu Pacific Air, but they were refundable tickets ($125 per person), because I didn't know any better than just to buy the cheapest promo (throw away) tickets under $20 per person back then, we never got our Travel Tax refund (P1,200 per person at the time I think) because it just wasn't worth the hassle! Enough said on about this on-ward (throw away) ticket business huh, because by now, everyone should know the rule of thumb when it concerns follow-on tickets! But......., if one departs from SFO airport from California to Manila and is a Balikbayan, just a one-way ticket maybe permissible exclusively only with Philippine Airlines, if the ruling via an LBC ticket agent still holds true today, because we were able to do just that a few years ago, because that was what an LBC ticket travel agent on Mckee Ave. in San Jose, Ca. informed us and sure enough it worked for us upon check-in at SFO and our arrival in Manila no questions asked even before and after the immigration official stamped our U.S. passports with the one year free BB stamp! So, this is one case that a one-way ticket was permissible, but I don't know if it is still done today for Balikbayans from the west coast via an LBC travel agent and with Philippine Airlines, because it was a "no go" with another agent or a different airline! An unusual twist huh? I even sent an e-mail to an immigration official in Manila and the Philippine Airline customer service to confirm what transpired and they know nothing of the policy concerning one-way tickets from SFO to Manila on PAL via an LBC travel agency! Go figure!
Hey Art, what a co ink a dink. a very good friend of mine :hystery: just bought a one way ticket from LAX. to MLA. the other day. and was told that only PAL. allows it to philippinos with US. passports, as long as place of birth in US passport says Philippines. automatic Balikbayan stamp guarenteed upon arrival.My friend is a happy camper. :boohoo: The travel agency has been doing business in Los Angeles since 1971 so theyve been around the block. so long to the land of the big PX. tanks ej. :hystery:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Hi E.J.,That's good to hear that your friend confirmed what I've posted here! I was almost doubting what we experience a few years ago purchasing a one-way ticket from PAL via our LBC travel agent! I think that only pertains to Balikbayans coming from the West Coast going to Manila on Philippine Airlines! Anyway, we won't be doing that anytime soon, because by then I hope to have my dual citizenship if that freakin "Jus Sanguinis law" doesn't pertain to me! Thanks for the info and update! Art

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I would like to confirm that if I buy a 1 way ticket from Australia to Philippines that I don't need to get the 59 day visa as I would normally if only staying for a few months but since I will be possibly staying for a year or more this time I only need the 21 day visa that comes free and then I get the 59 day visa when my 21 days is nearly up?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I would like to confirm that if I buy a 1 way ticket from Australia to Philippines that I don't need to get the 59 day visa as I would normally if only staying for a few months but since I will be possibly staying for a year or more this time I only need the 21 day visa that comes free and then I get the 59 day visa when my 21 days is nearly up?
1. You will require a round trip ticket, no ands, ifs or buts about it (buy an open return or throw away ticket)2. You will get a free 21 day tourist visa upon your arrival3. Before your 21 day visa expires, you can extend & pay for an additional 38 days4. If you want to stay longer, you can extend & pay every 2 months up to 24 months before your 38 day visa expires
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Have a look here.http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=51
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
You do not need a r/t ticket. You need an onward ticket, it could be r/t or to any destination country under the sun. As long as you have that the one way is fine. Without it the airline will probably deny you boarding. Please check the link Tom provided and call the airline if you have any doubts.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks everyone, yeah I know about the throw away ticket, I wil have that, I was just a little unsure about the visa but it's clear now that I just use the 21 days and extend it before the 21 days is up and later get an ACR card like I did another time.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
You do not need a r/t ticket. You need an onward ticket, it could be r/t or to any destination country under the sun. As long as you have that the one way is fine. Without it the airline will probably deny you boarding. Please check the link Tom provided and call the airline if you have any doubts.
Wasn't that what I just explained? The return ticket acts just like the follow-on ticket or is one in the same! So, in actuality it's a round trip ticket! One goes in, you have your return or follow-on ticket going out! Simple as that! :boohoo: Edited by Art2ro

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... I always thought a round trip ticket meant you had to go back to the place from whence you came ....... :89:. :devil: :hystery: :boohoo: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hummmmmm .... I always thought a round trip ticket meant you had to go back to the place from whence you came ....... :89:. :devil: :hystery: :boohoo: :hystery: :hystery:
One can use it or not which serves the same purpose as a follow-on ticket in this case! Who said one has to go back? This topic is all about follow-on throw away tickets now since the one-way ticket subject doesn't apply here, meaning one has no intention of using the return ticket aka round trip or follow-on ticket! It's not rocket science! The OP understands the follow-on ticket rule now even though he was asking about one-way tickets! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1