Home Pages

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Does anyone else find it becoming more and more difficult to find a decent home page ...... for years I used Yahoo ...... but got tired of their BS and went to Google ...... Google was great ..... I could put all kinds of stuff on my page like reminders .... topics ..... weather etc. ....... but now it seems that as Google is now hosting it's own browser ... Chrome ..... it is becoming less and less friendly to other hosts like FireFox and others ..... now they are telling me HOW I can use their home page an what I HAVE to do to make it compatible with FireFox ...... and now they are lumping all the privacy rights to all their various programs under one lump term ...... well as far as they are concerned I feel they have gotten a little to big for their britches so I just now went back to Yahoo ...... but Google does still have the best search engine IMHO ...... I can still use it in my FireFox by doing a work around because Google is not supporting FireFox any more ........What do your guys use for your home pages ...... any good ones out there that let you customize them without being a programer ..... that I ain't ..... most of the others I have looked at do not offer many features ......

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I still use Google but am starting to get the same feeling as you Mike. I just do not know of anything better yet.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I just use Yahoo home page but I hate these days when ads spread across the page if you move your cursor over one. MSN is the same.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For those of us who have slow connections, NO homepage is a good homepage. Why wait for a page to load that I really don't give a crap about. But now that I think about it, maybe I should use the 'New Posts' from this forum as my home page. I always go there first thing anyway.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I like to use yahoo home page to keep up with the news,when I think about; it not much else do I use the home page for.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I just use my Yahoo mail inbox as my home page, because all of my other emails are forwarded to my Yahoo inbox, except for those that receives a lot of posts responses from my other forum group I'm a member of! All of the other forums, I'm just a lurker for good up to date information or I just do a Google search! Google is my all time favorite search engine!

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I have mine set to show blank when I start up Firefox. This way, no waiting. Just go to it.