Pancake House

Jake
Posted
Posted

Ooh yeah, the Family house of pancakes in Chula-Juana off Broadway was my pig out when I was stationed at 32nd St Naval Base. My younger brother worked there and would hook me up with more than a 6 egg omelet. That plus a huge stack of pancakes, smothered in real butter, sausages and a heap of hash browns....I was in heaven!

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted
Ooh yeah, the Family house of pancakes in Chula-Juana off Broadway was my pig out when I was stationed at 32nd St Naval Base. My younger brother worked there and would hook me up with more than a 6 egg omelet. That plus a huge stack of pancakes, smothered in real butter, sausages and a heap of hash browns....I was in heaven!
That's so cool that u know the place. I gotta get there once more before I leave the states for good.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Anybody know if they have one of these Pancake houses in the Clark area? I really miss the old Ihop and now you guys are making it worse. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

funny i saw this thread. thew pancake house in ayala was my very first meal ever in PI! I was staying at the marriott hotel next door and my girlfriend took methere after arriving at the airport, ahhh memories.....r

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
mort
Posted
Posted

I wish they'll reopen the Pancake house in San Fernando, Pampanga. So I won't have to SM Clark. or Marquee Mall in Angeles.

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Pancake house,

I just drool when i am able to go there. My child enjoys it as much as I do.

its great for that special treat, when we go to NCR(metro manila) that would be 1 of the places we eat, tho for some reason she likes the elks club & the pancakes they serve too

(has a extra TV so she can watch her cartoons)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Pancake house,

I just drool when i am able to go there. My child enjoys it as much as I do.

its great for that special treat, when we go to NCR(metro manila) that would be 1 of the places we eat, tho for some reason she likes the elks club & the pancakes they serve too

(has a extra TV so she can watch her cartoons)

She's a smart one! :541:

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I like the Elk's club too. Had Thanksgiving dinner there & it was great.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The popularity of Pancake House with the expat community is its consistency and large portions. Coming from the United States, my friends think my preference is an American style breakfast of pancakes, sausages and eggs. What I actually like are the local breakfast items like longanisa, tapa and fried bangus with lots of garlic fried rice. The Philippines also has a way of over frying sunny side up eggs that makes the bottom a little crunchy. My all time breakfast favorite is Arroz Caldo with garlic, green onions and a salted duck egg as toppings. Beats Pancake House for breakfast, at least when I am in the Philippines.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
What I actually like are the local breakfast items like longanisa, tapa and fried bangus with lots of garlic fried rice.

I would have that as a meal any time of day...OK, maybe not all three meals.