New International Terminal At Clark

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Koreans want to build a new International terminal at Clark. "The group plans connecting Clark to Manila, and that is by way of articulated transport buses." (Someone) will build "a one way culvert dedicated for the buses;""He said that each RTB will cost around 15,000 euros* per bus with each bus able to accommodate 200 passengers. “We would probably need 10 buses,” he said. This would mean the cost of the 10 buses would be around P9 million."*15000 euros = $19,810 US dollars after snacks, meetings, coffee funds, fiesta dance and pork fund = 5000 peso each?http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=711658&publicationSubCategoryId=66IMG_0078%281%29.jpgCustom transport factory in work.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Koreans want to build a new International terminal at Clark. "The group plans connecting Clark to Manila, and that is by way of articulated transport buses." (Someone) will build "a one way culvert dedicated for the buses;""He said that each RTB will cost around 15,000 euros* per bus with each bus able to accommodate 200 passengers. “We would probably need 10 buses,” he said. This would mean the cost of the 10 buses would be around P9 million."*15000 euros = $19,810 US dollars after snacks, meetings, coffee funds, fiesta dance and pork fund = 5000 peso each?http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=66IMG_0078%281%29.jpgCustom transport factory in work.
My big question (or did I not read this right?) is how do you get 200 people on 1 bus? Stuff them in the overhead racks and underbus luggage compartment? :bash:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

That would be 200 tired Foreigners and their baggage in a ninteen thousand dollar bus.Something like this but much longer with seating on the roof?jeeplimo-1.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
how do you get 200 people on 1 bus?
They get about 100 on, at least on this kind of bus:post-41-0-41313000-1327878891_thumb.jpgMaybe if they had an articulated bus they could double that.post-41-0-89805600-1327878926_thumb.jpg

i am bob
Posted
Posted
how do you get 200 people on 1 bus?
They get about 100 on, at least on this kind of bus:post-41-0-41313000-1327878891_thumb.jpgMaybe if they had an articulated bus they could double that.post-41-0-89805600-1327878926_thumb.jpg
You'd be surprised by how few more people can get on an articulated bus! Articulated buses normally hold about 120 but a few can be configured for no more than 136 people. There is a bi-articulated bus (like 2 trailers) that will hold around 200 but there are major engineering issues with them... First dumb thing they (most manufactures) did was base the design on and then modified regular articulated buses and then used the same motor. They won't go uphill if it's more than a gentle slope. They also couldn't hold up to the roads in the countries that made and/or trialled them. The suspension broke down and the joinery mechanicals actually twisted apart on some. Could you imagine having these on Philippine roads? I'd rather take the bus through the mountains to Toledo with the driver drinking some of that good stuff! The only other alternative for a large bus is a double-decker articulated bus but they fall apart even worse than the bi-articulated buses due to the need of a dual joinery mechanism with the bottom one locked and the top free-floating.This is what happens when you let a former electronics technologist with mechanical technical knowledge (that's called an Avionics Technologist folks) read too much or spend too much time online... Remember, talk to your kids about reading... Don't let them become a techno-geek.... ! :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I appreciate your depth of knowledge on the subject, bob, but you need to keep in mind that the busses here have narrower seats and wide bodies. Indeed the Ceres busses have 3 seats across on one side of the aisle and 2 on the other side. It may make some difference but it is purely academic as the Philippines will do whatever they have to fit 200 people on the bus when the LTO says that is the capacity.It is another subject but one dear to my heart. The rapid transit vans, called V Hires, are licensed to carry 16 passengers, and they do. Unfortunately they are a form of transportation affordable only to the middle class. Those are the people who are well fed and as fat as an average foreigner. It is getting very hard to fit 4 adults into each seat of a normal size van, (try it at home to see) but they do it. And we ride like sardines for a couple of hours. Not too bad if you are seated next a pretty girl who showers regular.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
I appreciate your depth of knowledge on the subject, bob, but you need to keep in mind that the busses here have narrower seats and wide bodies. Indeed the Ceres busses have 3 seats across on one side of the aisle and 2 on the other side. It may make some difference but it is purely academic as the Philippines will do whatever they have to fit 200 people on the bus when the LTO says that is the capacity.It is another subject but one dear to my heart. The rapid transit vans, called V Hires, are licensed to carry 16 passengers, and they do. Unfortunately they are a form of transportation affordable only to the middle class. Those are the people who are well fed and as fat as an average foreigner. It is getting very hard to fit 4 adults into each seat of a normal size van, (try it at home to see) but they do it. And we ride like sardines for a couple of hours. Not too bad if you are seated next a pretty girl who showers regular.
Yeah, you're right! I forgot about the sardine can syndrome they enlist in their mass transit... Designed to hold 120 but can seat 200... Only in the Philippines! Edited by i am bob

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I am sure they would put plastic chairs in the aisles for the overflow. Best thing they could do would be to build a high speed express rail system like they have in Hong Kong or Thailand. I do not see a way buses would be good with all the traffic once you hit the Manila area from the expressway.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And don't forget to have the step at the back so 4-5 people could jump up and hang off the back ..... that seems to work well ..... :) :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks like Dave Hound driver could come out of retirement. Only waiting for the letter of request from the government aren't you Dave? :th_exactly: post-1-0-55742800-1327915587_thumb.jpg post-1-0-01886800-1327915589_thumb.jpg

• Like 1