I Would Not Normally Send Money But....

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Well I know what you mean Dave haha but I actually only pay $8 with orbitremit along with much better exchange rates than WU but still it is a fee and even $8 (Australia) is still what 400 pesos or something so it is something to consider. i still think in Filipino currency even when I'm back in Australia as I seem to be a lot more thrifty then. In fact my previous girlfriend was always saying how thrifty I Am :) I'm quite a tight ass as basically I don't have a lot of money anyway....

• Like 3

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

update:I had a chance to chat to her today and she was not really aware I was sending her money as my phone has been playing up till I get a new one. So when she heard that I was going to send her 2,000 pesos she was surprised and very thankful. It was nice to see her saying thanks about it and appreciating it as everyone of my last 3 girlfriends I had to explain how rude it was when they never said thanks for when I helped them although my previous girlfriend was pretty good after she understood me. So this girl was grateful, I also said I would send her another 2k in a few weeks. She told me she would use some of the money to meet me etc and to get the bus from her province. I was going to ask her to save some money for that so it was good to see she had already thought of that.What do you guys think of asking her to meet me at the Airport? I'm thinking it might be better to settle into my hotel and to meet her later as I know cebu airport is small and difficult to find people plus the long taxi ride back in the heat of the day might not be the best way to meet her?

Edited by Adventurer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
update:I had a chance to chat to her today and she was not really aware I was sending her money as my phone has been playing up till I get a new one. So when she heard that I was going to send her 2,000 pesos she was surprised and very thankful. It was nice to see her saying thanks about it and appreciating it as everyone of my last 3 girlfriends I had to explain how rude it was when they never said thanks for when I helped them although my previous girlfriend was pretty good after she understood me. So this girl was grateful, I also said I would send her another 2k in a few weeks. She told me she would use some of the money to meet me etc and to get the bus from her province. I was going to ask her to save some money for that so it was good to see she had already thought of that.What do you guys think of asking her to meet me at the Airport? I'm thinking it might be better to settle into my hotel and to meet her later as I know cebu airport is small and difficult to find people plus the long taxi ride back in the heat of the day might not be the best way to meet her?
Its a cultural thing about saying thanks, dont take it wrong.In my opinion, settle in and maybe see her the next day,airports are not the place for first meetings. Be romantic,buy some flowers and meet her some where nice, my opinion only :thumbsup:
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What do you guys think of asking her to meet me at the Airport?
I agree that it is nicer to settle into the hotel first but many girls get a real thrill out of meeting their man at the airport.
  • Like 2

softail
Posted
Posted
What do you guys think of asking her to meet me at the Airport? I'm thinking it might be better to settle into my hotel and to meet her later as I know cebu airport is small and difficult to find people plus the long taxi ride back in the heat of the day might not be the best way to meet her?
Unless you want to have 15 or 20 family members in tow I suggest that you get your room at the hotel, get a little rest and a shower, take a deep breath, put on your best smile and meet the admiring and large extended family. After a long flight, at least for me, I don't really want to be up for hours shaking hands, eating and all the things that meeting a large family entails, all I want is a breather and some rest.Doug
  • Like 5

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Yep, rest first and get a bit acclimated. Don't ask her to your room. Meet her on neutral ground, a restaurant or mall. Expect her to always be accompanied by family or friends. Figure you will end up footing the bill for all of them when you eat. Do it nicely and thin down the numbers after the first couple of meetings unless it is an occasion that would warrant more attendees. But a friend along is her way of staying safe. Bring some sachets of perfume, lotion, and whatever. Best if they say from Australia or UK or wherever overseas. They make great small gifts and carry status for both the gifter and giftee, because of their overseas origin. I hope it all goes well for you and her.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

some good tips cheers, i think she is taking the bus from her province to the city. It depends what time I get there but i think I will relax and meet her after that or the next day. I will update here how it goes anyway, it's going very well so far and it will be a few weeks or more yet before I'm there but I'm motivated to get moving a long faster :thumbsup:....

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

If your girlfriend has other members of her family with her from their province, she my insist that she meet you at the airport so you can all check-in at a hotel at the same time so you can foot the bill, including breakfast, lunch, merienda and dinner including deserts! What about their travel and food expenses back to their province? BTW, how far will be traveling from their province to the airport? They too will all be tired and hungry from their long trip just to see you, "the lone stranger"!

Edited by Art2ro

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
If your girlfriend has other members of her family with her from their province, she my insist that she meet you at the airport so you can all check-in at a hotel at the same time so you can foot the bill, including breakfast, lunch, merienda and dinner including deserts! What about their travel and food expenses back to their province? BTW, how far will be traveling from their province to the airport? They too will all be tired and hungry from their long trip just to see you, "the lone stranger"!
My feelings are, if you are meeting her for the 1st time and she insists on bringing her entire family there with her without your consent and is expecting you to foot the entire bill for all of them is definitely a deal breaker at least for me. For at that moment, she has set the tone on what she expects from you financially with her entire family. JMHO but you or others may feel different. Praise God Myrlita never did that to me but I have heard many stories of this happening to others. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 3