Wrong Birth Certificate

Candyman
Posted
Posted

We have a problem with my sister in laws Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a Male, when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your sister in law will need to go to the town or city of her birth place. She can have the original document corrected there. She may have to travel to Manila to have the government record corrected. There is a very helpful group called Mag-Anak that has all kinds of useful information and a forum. Although US based it has members from all around the world. I am very sure your question will be quickly and correctly answered there.Mag-Anak

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with my sister in laws Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a Male, when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Sorry, I do not know what the process would be to get that changed, but I do have to make one comment on it...... While I do not doubt that he may really be a she and there may have been a mistake on the birth certificate, and while I do not wish to insult you or her, I can honestly tell you that there is no way you would know for sure unless you have checked her physically........ There are many girly boys in the Philippines and many of them are more woman than many women and in fact, one of them married an American only for him to find out on the wedding night, that she was actually a he. I would guess that the first step might be to get a medical report saying that he was really a she.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with my sister in law's Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a "Male", when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Sorry, I do not know what the process would be to get that changed, but I do have to make one comment on it...... While I do not doubt that he may really be a she and there may have been a mistake on the birth certificate, and while I do not wish to insult you or her, I can honestly tell you that there is no way you would know for sure unless you have checked her physically........ There are many girly boys in the Philippines and many of them are more woman than many women and in fact, one of them married an American only for him to find out on the wedding night, that she was actually a he. I would guess that the first step might be to get a medical report saying that he was really a she.
You mind reader you.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

Since it his sister in law surely his wife knows for sure if she has a sister or a brother.

Edited by tom_shor

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
Since it his sister in law surley his wife knows for sure if she has a sister or a brother.
Thomas, you are assuming too much I think. This is a new poster here. We don't know diddly about his marriage, or any history. I could easily see where a new guy goes to the Phils, gets married right away like many people do, and only knows the SIL a very brief while. Then he goes back to the west and the wife is feeding him a line. He will respond in kind if he's been wronged. LOLOLOL

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Since it his sister in law surley his wife knows for sure if she has a sister or a brother.
Thomas, you are assuming too much I think. This is a new poster here. We don't know diddly about his marriage, or any history. I could easily see where a new guy goes to the Phils, gets married right away like many people do, and only knows the SIL a very brief while. Then he goes back to the west and the wife is feeding him a line. He will respond in kind if he's been wronged. LOLOLOL
So what should he do conduct a physical? :) :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
So what should he do conduct a physical? :) :)
I hate to say it but a medical exam could be in order as I originally suggested. There are girls, boys and then there are some that have both organs. I am sorry and again I do not wish to insult the OP but I find it hard to believe that whoever registered the SIL as a man, saw a penis that was no there. Of course it could have been a communication error but male does not sound like female, either in Tagalog or Bisayan, so I am not sure how things like that would even happen, but I am sure that mistakes must happen.Either way, I guess it would be best to try to help the OP on how to get the BC changed, if anyone knows how?

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Thankyou for all your replies. Number one : There is absolutely NO DOUBT that she is female. I have been married to my wife for eleven years and she grew up with her sister. Number two : She is already a MOTHER to a eight year old son. I know there are a lot of Ladyboys in the Philippines, but I do not know of one case yet, that one can give birth! This is a genuine, beaurocratic mistake, and needs to be fixed. Thankyou.

• Like 1

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

And there you have it. PM Daisy [tweety] and I'm sure she will be able to guide you. Thanks for clarifying before we all went off into outer space. LOL