Proxy Servers, Anyone!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Question: what's the best proxy server available? My Hotspot Shield proxy server sometimes gets annoying by constantly popping up with voices in the background even when I on a different web page! I want a Free proxy server that's been tried, true and realiable! I don't really use it that much, but it's handy to have when you need it! Funny, I tried finding a free proxy server, it recommended the proxy server I'm already using! :angry: :( :89:

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

You get what you pay for.

• Like 3

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
"If one can not contribute or share, it's best to not say anything at all"! :) :(

MikeB
Posted
Posted
"If one can not contribute or share, it's best to not say anything at all"! :) :(
It's a valid comment. This hotspot is not really free, it's paid for by advertisers who's pop ups you now find annoying, If you don't want adware, you pay.
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"If one can not contribute or share, it's best to not say anything at all"!
Art, I think the comment was as valid as if he had said "Its all about the money", (for new members that is one of Art's favorite sayings), and its a true comment. It has been my experience that free proxy servers are absolutely useless. If you find one then I am as interested as you. But I won't hold my breath.
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It may be a valid comment to some, but it sure has a hint of sarcasm and not contributing or sharing any helpful information to anyone that may benefit from it! Dave's comment, " If you find one then I am as interested as you. But I won't hold my breath". Some has already said that they use Hotspot Shield and it works! I even found this Hotspot Shield on jollygoodfellow's site advertising it!I'm not against paying for a good software, but just don't make a comment and say, "you get what you pay for" and not fully explain what one means by it! Just give us all some useful facts and not any "in your windows" comments or remarks! Get my meaning?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It may be a valid comment to some, but it sure has a hint of sarcasm and not contributing or sharing any helpful information to anyone that may benefit from it! Dave's comment, " If you find one then I am as interested as you. But I won't hold my breath". Some has already said that they use Hotspot Shield and it works! I even found this Hotspot Shield on jollygoodfellow's site advertising it!I'm not against paying for a good software, but just don't make a comment and say, "you get what you pay for" and not fully explain what one means by it! Just give us all some useful facts and not any "in your windows" comments or remarks! Get my meaning?
First we,the forum does not advertise Hotspot Shield,google is tracking what you search or read.You get what you pay for is a simple widely said term that everyone knows what it means without an explanation so everyone just chill out.Get my meaning?
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got your meaning jollygoodfellow! Well, I guess this means no one is going to answer my question, because no one is willing to share or contribute with us what they bought, for how much it cost them and or is willing to inform us on this forum if what they bought is working or not! So, back on my OP! I know my freebie Hotspot Shield proxy severer does work and it's free, but I haven't used it enough to see the full benefits it may provide! I was just saying it was a little annoying of it popping up now and then, but otherwise it works for all tense and purposes for what I originally used it for! IMHO, a software that can hide one's I.P. address from prying eyes is helpful to those who wants to remain anonymous when on-line! Wouldn't you like to be invisible when on-line? I don't know if one is totally invisible of one's actual I.P. address, especially from hackers or from big brother in the sky! Does anyone know? Will a proxy server give us a cloak of invisibility when surfing the web or when doing our home on-line banking? I do believe most on-line banking systems are encrypted anyway for our personal protection, but I don't know about the other sites that we may browse into that's full of data miners and or hackers or whoever! I know that forum owners can see one's I.P. address and know where one is from and if one is using more than one proxy server, it will throw them off your scent of what and where your actual I.P. address is from! I guess I'll just have do some more research using Google search!

Edited by Art2ro

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Art ...... I'll find out what one I used to use but I wil have to wait until tomorrow and I fire the desktop back up .... right now I'm on the Acer Tablet and don't have that info on here ...... sorry can't even remember the name of the damn thing ...... you know ...... ol' timers as begun to set in ..... :lol: :hystery: :hystery:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Mike! BTW, I just tried watching a movie on www.hulu.com and it blocked my I.P. address, but when I used my Hotspot Shield proxy server, I was able to watch the movie on www.hulu.com!What was weird though when I originally had my Hotspot Shield on and went directly to the www.hulu.com webpage it didn't work, the movie wouldn't play saying I had an overseas I.P. address, http://www.hulu.com/...-crisis-control! I think this Hotspot Shield worked out a way to incorporate the hulu.com website into their system only for the Philippines! But as I've mentioned, Hotspot Shield maybe a little annoying and that's why I hardly ever use it unless I have to for some good reason, but it works OK! Others may disagree and not like it when they use it for themselves! At least I did my research and gave you my opinion and what I've experienced with my "freebie" proxy server! My main purpose on this fine forum is to contribute by sharing the facts I find and of my life long experiences in the Philippines so that other members on this forum can benefit from it and I can also learn from all the members here! Watch Hulu In Philippines | Amazonaws.com www.amazonaws.com Watch Hulu With Hotspot Shield In Philippines. Free Download Now!

Edited by Art2ro