Multiple Entry Visa Question.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have been told that I can get a Multiple Entry Visa good for 1 yr for $100 at the Phils embassy in Washington DC. Can be done by FedEx.....I recently got my 59 day (37 really) extention from the Immigration officer on Samar. I asked him and he said I could get a Multiple Entry VIsa, but there was no benefit as I STILL need to pay for the extentions past the 21 day period, and I can come and go on my US passport anyway... so why get the Multiple Entyry Visa at all.So, is there any benefit to getting a multiple entry visa? Or is the Immigration Officer wrong and I do not need the extentions with the multiple entry visa?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

An acquaintance in Cebu has a multiple entry 'business' visa good for 1 year. This is anecdotal but it may give you something to research. He told me it gives him 60 days of visa free entry so, since he is in and out of the country frequently it saves him from paying the 3,900 peso renewal at the 21 day mark each time.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
An acquaintance in Cebu has a multiple entry 'business' visa good for 1 year. This is anecdotal but it may give you something to research. He told me it gives him 60 days of visa free entry so, since he is in and out of the country frequently it saves him from paying the 3,900 peso renewal at the 21 day mark each time.
I would have to ask about the requirements for a business callss visa. While I have no business, I do have the charity of which I am an officer. I just got the 1st extention (only one I need on this trip) for 3030p.

chinook
Posted
Posted

I have done the multiple entry visa the last two years and will get another before my next trip in May since my current one expires this month. The reason's I use this are as follows. I go to the PI 2 or 3 times a year, and my normal stay is 30 to 40 days. I don't want to mess with the hassle of extending while I am there, it is a "peace of mind" kind of thing for me. If I make 3 trips I am money ahead or at least I am even. I also stay in the province while there and it can be a real hassle sometimes to travel and try to get paperwork done in a timely manner. I use a company called "Travel Visa Pro" you download the form, fill it out and send it with a picture and your passport to the company certified mail or fed-ex and they hand carry it to the embassy and send it back to you in a couple of days. Like I said I have used this company twice with no problems. And NO you don't need to extend past the 21 days while your there because the mult. entry visa is good for 59 days at a time, as many times as you go in one year from the issuance date. I hope this helps!

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

You still have to get extensions every 2 months. Not 21 days. The only advantage in having a 1 year multiple entry visa is if you will be coming and going regularly.If you will stay continuously for a year, it will not help.Also, if you are married to a Filipina, so long as you both enter the Philippines together, you can stay for up to a year without a visa or paying extensions. This is because of the Balikbayan Programme.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

OK. It might work for me. But what thru me off was the immigration officer saying I still needed an extention after 21 days. But 59 days with no extention may work for me.Thanks.