Anyone Been To Hong Kong?

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted
Speaking of Hong Kong again, but slightly off topic, I want to bring up the subject of wall electrical outlets. We forgot to pack our international wall socket adapters and we brought our 110/220v hair dryer and our room only had 2 wall outlets, none in the bathroom with 3 pronged outlets where as our hair dryer had the standard 2 straight pronged plug! So, we did without a hair dryer and luckily our cellphone batteries lasted until we got home! I could have bought a new one, but I didn't unless we needed it that bad, which we didn't! Standard 2 prong outlet at home post-682-0-52018400-1329118667.jpgHong Kong wall 3 pronged outletpost-682-0-15349400-1329118685.jpg
I'm sure glad you mentioned that. I bought one when I came here and only used it in a hotel in Manila once. I will make sure I take it when we go.

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)
If they had vacancies at affordable rent in those residential condos,
I looked into that once and found the condo rents to be the same price as staying by the month in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
Have you ever looked at Wimdu? I've read some good reviews about them. Edited by Salty Dog

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Have you ever looked at Wimdu? I've read some good reviews about them.
Thanks for the tip. Looks interesting.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
If they had vacancies at affordable rent in those residential condos,
I looked into that once and found the condo rents to be the same price as staying by the month in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
Craig's list in Hong Kong only lists 3 at HD6,500 (USD835), but no where near 4 or 5 stars! I'm sure there are lower priced apts, condos or small homes if one looks in the right place away from the cities! http://hongkong.crai...ooms=1&hasPic=1

• 5 months later...
tommyjay
Posted
Posted

Probably too late - but I have lived in HKG for many years - what would you like to know?