Regional Variations In Crime?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Now Dave, I don't blow up gas wells cause I don't live in the far nort
If you are the guy I am thinking of, then you have done wonders to change your appearance (if the avatar is really you I mean). Google Wiebo Ludwig if you have not heard of him.
Yup! That's my wonderful smiling face! And, nope! He's not me! Thank god! He's one really sick little puppy, isn't he?
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I mentioned before that this place is as safe as rural Canada. In rural Canada we have crazies running around blowing up gas wells in the name of environmentalism.
Now Dave, I don't blow up gas wells cause I don't live in the far nort anymore... Though I will agree to the "crazies" part fitting... :thumbsup:
Does this mean that IF you lived in the far north.... you would blow up gas lines??? hehehehehe
Heck, no! I'd be buying a fleet of tanker trucks! :lol:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well speaking of 'up north'.... as I understand it you are not 'really' up north until you develop a taste for whale / walrus / seal blubber....... I have enough trouble watching people eat balut.... so I think I will stay closer to the equator....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
as I understand it you are not 'really' up north until
Those who are really "up north" know that they are really "down" north. It is because rivers flow "down" to the ocean and you can google the Mackenzie river to see what I mean. Its one of those points of argument that northerners take it upon themselves to discuss during the cold, boring winter months.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Not to worry Dave ............ just not sure they can teach your dog to lay eggs ...... but on the bright side ...... nothing tastes better than roasted dog with chicken stuffing (just encase he can't lay those eggs ...... )
Just as an interesting point (Tom's already going to blow a fuse for all the off topic stuff so may as well add this one)We feed my dog a diet of FISH and rice so you will find he tastes like chicken but smells like fish :thumbsup:
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
as I understand it you are not 'really' up north until
Those who are really "up north" know that they are really "down" north. It is because rivers flow "down" to the ocean and you can google the Mackenzie river to see what I mean. Its one of those points of argument that northerners take it upon themselves to discuss during the cold, boring winter months.
I am not sure what you mean. Northern hemisphere rivers flow down to the ocean / equator while southern hemisphere rivers flow north to the ocean / equator. There are maybe 1 or two exceptions to this. I would expect rivers to flow to the ocean. What am I missing?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Northern hemisphere rivers flow down to the ocean / equator
Nope. As I said, Google the Mackenzie River for more but that is the largest river system in Canada and it flows North, thus down north. Edited by Dave Hounddriver
added link to Mackenzie River for ease of searching

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Nope. Flows DOWN hill, in a northernly direction. (Damn that curve of the planet!) If you can come up with a river that flows UP HILL, that would be something!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Its one of those points of argument that northerners take it upon themselves to discuss during the cold, boring winter months.
Nope. Flows DOWN hill, in a northernly direction.
You'd fit right in, Bruce.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Its one of those points of argument that northerners take it upon themselves to discuss during the cold, boring winter months.
Nope. Flows DOWN hill, in a northernly direction.
You'd fit right in, Bruce.
My (dead) brother like to fish and took several trips to north Canada. On one trip, the plane hit a tree landing, and hit the same tree again when they took off. Another trip was to a fish camp with hermits running the place and many had not been to 'the city' in years. One fellow like to make furniture and since they were surrounded by hundreds of miles of pine trees, he told my brother he was going to make a company and call it 'Pine-iture'.