New Kind Of Malware Steals, Uploads Docs To Cloud!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://ph.news.yahoo...-060408348.htmlA new breed of malware has taken data theft one step further - it now grabs document and spreadsheet files and uploads them to a cloud-based file hosting service.Computer security firm Trend Micro said the new malware it recently encountered particularly sends the stolen files to Sendspace.com."Sendspace was recently used for dropping stolen data but wasn’t done automatically by malware. As reported late last year, hackers used Sendspace for rounding up and uploading stolen data... However, this is the first time we’re seeing malware being used to upload stolen data to the file hosting and transfer site.In this attack, the infection starts with a malicious file, Fedex_Invoice.exe, detected as TROJ_DOFOIL.GE.Trend Micro said the filename suggests the malware is used for a spam campaign using messages disguised as a FedEx shipment Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
http://ph.news.yahoo...-060408348.htmlA new breed of malware has taken data theft one step further - it now grabs document and spreadsheet files and uploads them to a cloud-based file hosting service.Computer security firm Trend Micro said the new malware it recently encountered particularly sends the stolen files to Sendspace.com."Sendspace was recently used for dropping stolen data but wasn’t done automatically by malware. As reported late last year, hackers used Sendspace for rounding up and uploading stolen data... However, this is the first time we’re seeing malware being used to upload stolen data to the file hosting and transfer site," it said.In this attack, the infection starts with a malicious file, Fedex_Invoice.exe, detected as TROJ_DOFOIL.GE.Trend Micro said the filename suggests the malware is used for a spam campaign using messages disguised as a FedEx shipment
Funny you should mention this. I got an email 2 days ago from a person I know telling me she had to get a new computer. She opend the 'fedex email' (I did not know what she ment) and it did something to her computer. She called a friend who managed to recover the computer just to have her restart and the virus was still there and this time got her computer in such a way it was not recoverable. For some reason she had to open a new skype account.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yup! I love opening up those emails... I don't use Windows! :thumbsup: