Earthquake In Cebu/negros , As Most Probably Already Know

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Bob, I believe all the fatalities are on Negros, none anywhere on Cebu from what I have read. A number of the news agencies are saying 52 dead at this point. .
Thanks for the info! I'm still a little upset (trying to be nice) over the poor and inadequate news reports... The better reports were saying that the fatalities were in Negros but none said anything about Cebu province other than the big city. I think I was probably 30 minutes or probably less from looking for an airline ticket if I hadn't gotten her email...
I would think communication would be a problem as to why conflicting reports and also the time that they got published. Could have been many updates but may not have got published quick enough.Phone lines would probably be jammed with concerned people trying to find out about family and friends so with any disaster it can take awhile to even out the reports.
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dumaguete post-7-0-29942500-1328631130_thumb.jpg

Edited by brock
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is a terrible tragedy, some news reports are saying the death toll will rise because 92 are missing in one area and around 100 homes have been buried in a landslide. What the heck is going on with all these disasters now happening. :hystery: Filipinos grieve as earthquake death toll risespost-40-0-94230300-1328635449_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What the heck is going on with all these disasters now happening.
NothingThey are natural disasters that have been going on from the beginning of time.
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Still getting strong after shocks here in Cebu ..... ...... 5.2 this morning some time around 8:30am ..... felt the apartment shake again and watched the small Christmas balls dance on the ornamental plant on top of the entertainment center .......

• Like 3

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Was making my lunch in a suburb of Cebu, when the quake started. The house shaked strongly for 20 seconds, and I was out the door in less than 5. Never experienced a earthquake before, so it was a chocking experience.Later that day I went to Ayala mall at 3 pm, and half of their shop was closed. Never seen so few visitors there. Taxi lines was enourmous, and jeepney lines was similar. Inside the mall it was a very strange atmosphere, the locals was remarkable quiet and serious. The few shops who still was open had sent 1/2 of their staff home. Phone lines was busy until late night, and text messages arrived 3-5 hrs late.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Was making my lunch in a suburb of Cebu, when the quake started. The house shaked strongly for 20 seconds, and I was out the door in less than 5. Never experienced a earthquake before, so it was a chocking experience.Later that day I went to Ayala mall at 3 pm, and half of their shop was closed. Never seen so few visitors there. Taxi lines was enourmous, and jeepney lines was similar. Inside the mall it was a very strange atmosphere, the locals was remarkable quiet and serious. The few shops who still was open had sent 1/2 of their staff home. Phone lines was busy until late night, and text messages arrived 3-5 hrs late.
Thanks for sharing your experience,anyone else want to tell us how the quake affected them?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

NOTICE: February 14 is four days away expect some "aftershocks". :lol:

Braddo
Posted
Posted

My wife was talking to her sister in Asturias on Yahoo Cam when the quake hit she told them to run out of the house later they were told to evacuate the area due to a Sunami warningOur house is about 100mtr from the water and we are fairly high up but behind us about 400mtr is a very high hill / mountain all the villiages people made their way up there our sister said it was like ants on a cup cake, even though the warning was lifted there are still people camping up on the hill to afraid to come back down yetScared the sh*-&t out of allot of people over there who have never experienced a quake before would have scared me if I was there as well hope that was the last of the tremours so people can get back to normal life again

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It makes me nervous getting aftershocks. The intelligent part of my brain says its normal to get aftershocks for many weeks after the main event and it is not a great concern. The part of my brain that controls the issuing of adrenaline keeps spitting out: Run for the hills!

• Like 2