Earthquake In Cebu/negros , As Most Probably Already Know

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I got an email from my certain special someone last night and she is still feeling the emotional effects of her first earthquake though she is getting better. She hopes to never experience another one ever again! I can only agree though, if another should occur, I would much rather be there as well... I don't think I can handle the worrying about her again from here...

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Tell her she is not alone Bob ...... I have been through a dozen hurricanes (my 1st one was in the 1950's) and 2 tornado's but this experience left me the most shook up of all ...... with the other disasters you can prepare for them but with a quake there is no warning and the building you are in can come down around you in a matter of seconds (depending on how close and how strong the quake is to you) ....... before you have a chance to get outside ...... I can still close my eyes and feel the effects ...... but then I'm a wimp ....... :AddEmoticons04230: :hystery:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Tell her she is not alone Bob ...... I have been through a dozen hurricanes (my 1st one was in the 1950's) and 2 tornado's but this experience left me the most shook up of all ...... with the other disasters you can prepare for them but with a quake there is no warning and the building you are in can come down around you in a matter of seconds (depending on how close and how strong the quake is to you) ....... before you have a chance to get outside ...... I can still close my eyes and feel the effects ...... but then I'm a wimp ....... :AddEmoticons04230: :hystery:
I always thought that a brave man was one who wasn't bothered by the perils around him in any way... Not true! He is the man who will do what is necessary until the danger is over. Then he will go somewhere to let his emotions finally have their say... You did what you had to when it counted.