Bill Allows Correction Of Birth Details Without Court Orders

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Bill allows correction of birth details without court ordersFriday, February 3, 2012PEOPLE whose birth certificates record incorrect days of birth or gender may soon have them corrected without having to go to court if a bill filed by the Senate committee on justice and human rights is passed into law.Senators Francis Escudero, committee chairman, and Antonio Trillanes IV have filed a bill that will give local civil registrars the authority to make corrections on typographical and clerical errors even without a court order. Under the current law, typographical and clerical errors in the first names and nicknames of registrants can be corrected by local registrars but other changes must go through court proceedings."Vital records maintained by the civil registrar contain the most important documents of the general public. For this reason, a simple erroneous entry in the civil registrar can cause grave or serious problems on the part of the registrant," Trillanes said. He said errors in birth records can delay the processing of school, travel, and pension papers.Under the new proposal, erroneous entries will be corrected through petition. Petitioners have to submit sworn affidavits which should be supported by the earliest school record, medical records, or a baptismal certificate.Petitions to change the gender recorded in a birth certificate must also be accompanied by a certification from a government doctor saying the petitioner has not undergone a sex change or sex transplant."The inaccuracies of entries in the civil register remain a major source of inconvenience, and individuals who are not actually to blame for these errors have to go through with these difficulties. Requiring these individuals to go to court for proper remedy exacerbates their sorry plight," Trillanes said.The House of Representatives has already approved a counterpart bill and that has already been transmitted to the Senate. (Jonathan de Santos/Sunnex)Full Story Here : http://www.sunstar.c...t-orders-204120

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It sounds good, but it could be a slippery slope. Imagine a person who gets on a police list somewhere. He goes in to tell the vital stats people that he has a mistake on his birth certificate and then gets an easy name and/or date of birth change. It could be troublesome.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Your 18 or 19 year old girlfriend could change her date of birth making her 17 or 16 and you go to prison. It may not be a good law change for some foreigners.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Your 18 or 19 year old girlfriend could change her date of birth making her 17 or 16 and you go to prison.It may not be a good law change for some foreigners.
1. Yes some females or girlfriends MAY change her DOB. and what a scam that could be,just think of the money that could be made on such scam. PERHAPS?BUT
Under the new proposal, erroneous entries will be corrected through petition. Petitioners have to submit sworn affidavits which should be supported by the earliest school record, medical records, or a baptismal certificate.
2.after reading all the STORIES about Underage women/girls wanting to work abroad or seeking MARRIAGE,I think just the opposite would happen, Instead of 14.16. or 18 they would want to be 20.21 or 22.I have read that in the ARMM that some underage females used the birth certificate of an older sibling or just created a NEW one,so they could work abroad Edited by ed villas

Americano
Posted
Posted

No. 2 above could also cause problems for foreigners. A foreigner meets a Filipina who claims to be 20. He has heard about the dangers of under aged girls so he asks to see her Birth Certificate. Her Birth Certificate says she is 20 so there's no problem, right. Later someone gets mad or jealous at the foreigner and says she is only 17 and I can prove it. She has changed her Birth Certificate to make herself older. The girl may get scolded by the Police or Social Welfare Services but the man goes to jail.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
No. 2 above could also cause problems for foreigners. A foreigner meets a Filipina who claims to be 20. He has heard about the dangers of under aged girls so he asks to see her Birth Certificate. Her Birth Certificate says she is 20 so there's no problem, right. Later someone gets mad or jealous at the foreigner and says she is only 17 and I can prove it. She has changed her Birth Certificate to make herself older. The girl may get scolded by the Police or Social Welfare Services but the man goes to jail.
Well, I cant disagree at all on your point, BUT Again,IF THE NEW "NSO" says she is 20, then she is 20.even if the the OLD now invalid NSO says she is 17, The old NSO then will be INVALIDATED or IT will have the NEW UPDATED INFO posted having the NEW AGE of 20if your in doubt just try this,its free.legal and has health benefits post-1293-0-07168900-1328289130_thumb.jpJailbait,its just more (illegal)fun in the Philippines.,,
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted
Well, I cant disagree at all on your point, BUT Again,IF THE NEW "NSO" says she is 20, then she is 20.even if the the OLD now invalid NSO says she is 17,The old NSO then will be INVALIDATED or IT will have the NEW UPDATED INFO posted having the NEW AGE of 20if your in doubt just try this,its free.legal and has health benefitsJailbait,its just more (illegal)fun in the Philippines.,,
Hahaha I don't need to do that anymore, I have a very beautiful and caring Filipina wife now.
  • Like 1