Need Printer Cartridges For Hp Deskjet 5740

Americano
Posted
Posted

A little over 2 years ago I shipped my HP Printer to the Philippines with extra ink cartridges. I still have some Black cartridges but have ran out of the color ones. What I need is a HP Tri-color 97 Part # C9363WN. Does anyone know if they are available in Cebu City?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
A little over 2 years ago I shipped my HP Printer to the Philippines with extra ink cartridges. I still have some Black cartridges but have ran out of the color ones. What I need is a HP Tri-color 97 Part # C9363WN. Does anyone know if they are available in Cebu City?
Not sure In Cebu but are available, http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/C9363WA

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Not sure about in Cebu but here in Luzon all of the malls have those ink refill booths that are usually near the computer stores. You might be able to save yourself some money and just refill your old ones.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

In SM Cyber Zone they have an HP store so I imagine they would have them there ..... also as some have mentioned in most malls they have those little stalls that can refill or sometimes sell the original cartridges ..... personally when I had my HP all-in-one I bought the ink from CDR King and refilled them my self ..... go to Google and do a search on refilling your model and you will find tons of info ...... with my new Cannon I bought a CISS system (continuous ink supply) ...... most HP printers can't use a CISS system .....

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,Thanks for all the great answers. I have some really good choices to make now. I feel confident I won't have any problem now thanks to you guys.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One of the things you will have to watch for on HP printers is that they are regionalized... In other words, if you used it in one area (say the USA) and then take it to another region (let's say China), it won't work unless you have the same model ink cart with the same regional settings as your original carts... The reasoning for this was so that people could not purchase really cheap ink cartridges from areas (like China) with a lower economy. For example - For HP, China has the lowest price on their carts but also the lowest quality pigments are used. Their pics will fade badly in much less time than the top market of North America (I believe Australia is in their too). Also lower quality pigments were used in the the rest of the Asian market though there were not of the same level as the chinese market and are reasonably good but not the best. This was something they were bringing in back around 10 years ago when I worked QA for one of the companies contracted to HP for tech support and customer service. Not sure if they are still doing this or not but you can call HP tech support (if this is an issue) and they MIGHT help you change the settings ONE TIME ONLY on your machine for you so that it will work. Or my preferred method is to just get refills on your carts while you wait. Make sure they don't swap out the carts on you if you do the refill method. HP will tell you that your warranty won't be valid if you don't use their ink but, if you bought your printer in the US or Australia, it ain't worth squat anyways. And some countries (like Canada) enforce freedom of choice for who your supply of ink is without affecting your warranty.IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE I WORKED THERE SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR MANUAL TO SEE IF THIS IS STILL IN EFFECT FOR YOU MODEL!!! HP may have scrapped this policy somewhere along the line as I know it caused a lot of customer DISsatisfaction as well as was an expensive policy to maintain.I will admit the biggest thing i learned about printers during that year (besides how to check for print quality) was to never buy a combination cart but always buy a printer with separate ink carts! And the best printer to buy is always the one that was discontinued and comes with a full ink supply... ! IMHO

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted
One of the things you will have to watch for on HP printers is that they are regionalized... In other words, if you used it in one area (say the USA) and then take it to another region (let's say China), it won't work unless you have the same model ink cart with the same regional settings as your original carts... The reasoning for this was so that people could not purchase really cheap ink cartridges from areas (like China) with a lower economy. For example - For HP, China has the lowest price on their carts but also the lowest quality pigments are used. Their pics will fade badly in much less time than the top market of North America (I believe Australia is in their too). Also lower quality pigments were used in the the rest of the Asian market though there were not of the same level as the chinese market and are reasonably good but not the best. This was something they were bringing in back around 10 years ago when I worked QA for one of the companies contracted to HP for tech support and customer service. Not sure if they are still doing this or not but you can call HP tech support (if this is an issue) and they MIGHT help you change the settings ONE TIME ONLY on your machine for you so that it will work. Or my preferred method is to just get refills on your carts while you wait. Make sure they don't swap out the carts on you if you do the refill method. HP will tell you that your warranty won't be valid if you don't use their ink but, if you bought your printer in the US or Australia, it ain't worth squat anyways. And some countries (like Canada) enforce freedom of choice for who your supply of ink is without affecting your warranty.IT HAS BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE I WORKED THERE SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR MANUAL TO SEE IF THIS IS STILL IN EFFECT FOR YOU MODEL!!! HP may have scrapped this policy somewhere along the line as I know it caused a lot of customer DISsatisfaction as well as was an expensive policy to maintain.I will admit the biggest thing i learned about printers during that year (besides how to check for print quality) was to never buy a combination cart but always buy a printer with separate ink carts! And the best printer to buy is always the one that was discontinued and comes with a full ink supply... ! IMHO
Hi Bob,Thanks for the information. I didn't know about the different qualities of ink. I think I will refill some of my ink cartridges and be sure they give my cartridges back. I just hope the ink is good quality.

Curley
Posted
Posted

In Thailand you can buy an adaptor that has little tanks with tubes that connect to your printer and works out far, far cheaper, no idea whether you can get them in the Philippines.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Curley ....... it's called a CISS (Continuous - Ink -Supply -System) ....... and yes they are all over the larger malls here in Cebu ...... but if I remember correct most HP products can be adapted to use them ...... only Cannon and Epson ...... at least I could never find one for my HP ..... one reason I gave it away and bought my Cannon

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm not positive but I believe you need a printer with a 4 ink system to use a CISS system - not a tri-cart.