Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Clermont said:

all to scared to lose their high paying jobs.

:hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The so called technology is ok at main offices but it is just not getting to Officers at Points of Entry, we once asked the ACO here in Dumaguete if he had a list of Blacklisted People, the answer was No! (Not live that is) we had asked because there was a person here that had only 3 months before ben declared a Persona-Non Grata  yet he was back and up to his Tricks. Apparently (And i am not sure why) they are either reluctant or Stopped by Law from marking any Passport to an effect not allowed in.

I would not like to see it happen but maybe, this visa only entry thing may be a good Idea to keep undesirables out but then, who decides who is undesirable? Our own country or the Philippines.

Food for thought?

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I can only talk of Australia: were the laws are inadequate to convict a person in PI, and they are deported, a dossier is sent to Australia through our embassy and Australia will investigate. Pedophilia is one of the main topics along with a widening range of other offences, petty criminal offences are left up to the country were they occurred. As for who lets who in, when booking a flight ticket, passport numbers are needed and before you land in PI, they know if you are on the do not enter list, they are catching up and having wife's nephews in the force, they won't tell you too much, but they do watch and know.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

I can only talk of Australia: were the laws are inadequate to convict a person in PI, and they are deported, a dossier is sent to Australia through our embassy and Australia will investigate. Pedophilia

I guess you have never heard of the law where cases such as pedofiles comitting  offenses overseas are prosecuted in Australia no matter where the crime took place. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

That's exactly what I said about pedophilia, the crime still has to be tried before a conviction, believe it or not, Australia has moved on from the penal system.

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Clermont said:

Believe me, it's up with the best now, all to scared to lose their high paying jobs.

BoI is not a high paying job since the express lane fees that paid them double their salary in overtime in addition to their salary, went away.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I agree, but when you present your passport to immigration on arrival, they have a computer in front of them and if your name is on the screen you are diverted to a more senor official, from there I don't know what happens, I have seen this. Your information is downloaded to the PI before you even leave your departure point, then they can refuse you entry, they don't have to charge you, just put you on the next plane home. New laws that are being implemented, world wide will stop you from leaving your own country. I think they hid under the mask of terror related and criminal related offences. PI is not really a second class country, it is only poor.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2012 at 10:21 PM, Americano said:

Here's a question for the readers of this thread. The criminal foreigners hiding in the Philippines make it look bad for all foreigners, so do you believe its our duty to help bring to justice our own people by at least letting Immigration know they are here or should we just pretend to be innocent by standers?

First of all, I don't think a fugitive from justice is going to announce to any of us that he is a criminal and hiding from authorities. The whole purpose of him/her being here is to avoid being found. So, I would not know the he is a fugitive unless he is stupid enough to tell me and if he did he is probably lying and just wants to pretend that he is a bad ass. 

This question started back in February 2012. Isn't this "overkill"?

Edited by Gratefuled

• 2 years later...
Babysrealdad
Posted
Posted

I am presently in the philippines with my wifes family. I am in dismay about how this white guy lives nearby. He is hiding from someone for sure. He build his home inside a huge concrete wall. He built a very large garage door that slides sideways. This house is on two floors. The only door on the house is the big garage door. Not one window in the entire house. I tried to say hello one day and he ignored my presence. He has an old video camera facing across his garage door so he can see who may be invading his only entranceway. I thought this simply was someone with mental problems attempting to stay safe. After reading all these stories I am wondering exactly who is he and why is he in hiding? Certainly he is hiding from someone. He does have a philippino lady with him. The locals here told me that much. In this case I mind my own business but still wonder. If I build a house here I have nothing to hide and I NEED a window or two at least even if I have to Cover it with bars. I mean this guys house is 12 feet above ground level and no windows what do ever.