Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Mrs is  always quick to point out another foreigner... in the supermarket,  or wherever (real rarity seeing another white man here where we live).

I just think why the hell should I put myself out to speak to someone (assuming he wants to speak to me anyway !) just because he's an obvious poriner... like me. Sure, a nod and a knowing look,  but  I'm a big boy. Don't need 'hugs from home' . :whatever:

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

The Mrs is  always quick to point out another foreigner... in the supermarket,  or wherever (real rarity seeing another white man here where we live).

I just think why the hell should I put myself out to speak to someone (assuming he wants to speak to me anyway !) just because he's an obvious poriner... like me. Sure, a nod and a knowing look,  but  I'm a big boy. Don't need 'hugs from home' . :whatever:

"Don't need 'hugs from home"   Agree Graham. :no:

During my visits I used to often nod or say "hi" to others who were clearly Foreigners. I stated something to do with this here awhile back and I think Jack made a more detailed similar comment to yours and he kinda opened my eyes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
peterfe
Posted
Posted
On 5/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, graham59 said:

Don't need 'hugs from home'

Well, that's fine. Chacun son goût. Some want to meet other foreigners, some don't. It would be a sad state of affairs if all the many foreigners who don't want to chat were wife-beaters!

• I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, peterfe said:

Well, that's fine. Chacun son goût. Some want to meet other foreigners, some don't. It would be a sad state of affairs if all the many foreigners who don't want to chat were wife-beaters!

Not a coward.

Never struck a woman in my life, and never will do.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2