Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
I beleave there is enough corruption and behind the door deals happening in the Philippines already so why should we add to it by letting some known foreign fugitive be allowed to stay while still doing what he likes to woman or whatever abuse or dirty deeds he is up tooIf you know its true then get rid of them, send them back to face the music where they belong not to carry on doing what they want and giving other foreigners a bad name in the PI or any other country for that matterNow I will retreat and check my back for knives and bullet holes :tiphat:
The trouble is, the "get rid of them" part. I was at the Carcar Fiesta in 2010, and was talking with some of the police sitting around their display tent.... we got around to talking about how they handle some of these "massive" foreigners when they start fighting, without shooting them, they laughed and replied that it was cheap entertainment to watch the foreigners beating each other and they usually do nothing but watch the show. That sort of mentality is what makes it hard for a foreigner to try to do something before something possibly more serious develops. Now it is a different story when you finally get a Filipina to stand up and file a complaint, and have the strength to stick with it until justice is served.... it happend once in 2005, and it is happening again.... only when a Filipino steps up does something actually get done it seems. have been following this most recent drama from afar, but it seems only Filipina complaints are acted upon.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I have to wonder about the means of financial support one would have to be "hiding out" in the Philippines. As said above, time eventually weeds these sorts of people out. I am sure someone wanted for a crime in their home country would not flight extradition to long.Setting up a business in Philippines is risky and dangerous in itself for a foreigner. I think a foreigner would be insane to setup some sort of criminal enterprise.Personally I would not get involved in someone elses affairs. Except only in immediate life threatening situations with caution. Domestic violence interference often comes right back in your face. Been there done that, not going to get in the middle or be brought into it.Foreigners scamming other foreigners to make a living in Philippines? Comes down to the usual simple "Greed" and lazyness. Why would you give away your hard earned money without doing careful research into the venture?

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I got a simple phrase ....... if you are not part of the solution ...... your part of the problem ...... think about it for a moment .......As far as people hiding here in the Philippines if they told you they were more than likely they weren't ...... who but an idiot would risk getting caught by telling someone else why they are here ...... besides sense I have been reading about and living here in the Phils I have encountered more ..... X- (CIA .... FBI .... NIA ..... Homeland Security ..... Green Beret ..... Navy Seals .... Snipers ..... Army Special Fores and 10 star generals etc.) ..... than anywhere else on earth ..... it seems to me that there are more of these guys HERE than in the US ...... I think we should be living in the safest country on earth with all this intelligence and brawn surrounding us everyday :tiphat: ..... but in truth some people just like to make themselves more important then they really are ..... and some people wonder why I refuse to hang with expats here ...... I have nothing to contribute to their wild stories ..... I'm just a simple ..... wimpy ..... Plain Jane sort of guy ..... who likes to keep to himself but I am hiding from my veterinarian because I refused to have my last distemper shot ...... god ... I hope I don't get caught ...... please guys don't turn me in ..... but wait ... you don't know my name ... where I live or what I look like (well a couple of you do) ..... just a hint .... kinda like a Chihuahua ........ :devil: :hystery:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think what the OP was looking for was in a case where we know the person committed a heinous crime and the police are looking for them. There are just too many variables to consider the other options. And if I'm right in what I think the question is - I'm gonna report him! As for other situations? I think everybody who contributed has made very valid points for both ways... I guess it comes down to what a person wants to do in each particular case. As for Jake not paying that ticket last time he was here... :tiphat: Sorry Jake! Just couldn't resist!!!

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I got a simple phrase ....... if you are not part of the solution ...... your part of the problem ...... think about it for a moment ....... As far as people hiding here in the Philippines if they told you they were more than likely they weren't ...... who but an idiot would risk getting caught by telling someone else why they are here ...... besides sense I have been reading about and living here in the Phils I have encountered more ..... X- (CIA .... FBI .... NIA ..... Homeland Security ..... Green Beret ..... Navy Seals .... Snipers ..... Army Special Fores and 10 star generals etc.) ..... than anywhere else on earth ..... it seems to me that there are more of these guys HERE than in the US ...... I think we should be living in the safest country on earth with all this intelligence and brawn surrounding us everyday :tiphat: ..... but in truth some people just like to make themselves more important then they really are ..... and some people wonder why I refuse to hang with expats here ...... I have nothing to contribute to their wild stories ..... I'm just a simple ..... wimpy ..... Plain Jane sort of guy ..... who likes to keep to himself but I am hiding from my veterinarian because I refused to have my last distemper shot ...... god ... I hope I don't get caught ...... please guys don't turn me in ..... but wait ... you don't know my name ... where I live or what I look like (well a couple of you do) ..... just a hint .... kinda like a Chihuahua ........ :devil: :hystery:
Mr Smith, I am afraid I will have to turn you in... The police in Dartmouth are still looking for you though they think you are going to eventually turn back up in the Sunnyvale Trailer Park with your drug smoking alcoholic thieving friends... You can't pass yourself off as a musician or a restauranteer this time, Mr Smith... Your picture gave you away!!!Gee Mike... How much do you know of your avatar? hehe If you really want to know, just ask! Knew him casually only though...
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I only briefly read the blog about this person of interest and it would seem to me, that he has a historyof criminal behavior -- both in the States and the Philippines. Unless the news articles supported byphotos of him were photo-shopped (incarcerated in a local jail), evidences are stacking up against him.And now the incidence of scamming his latest victims, photos of a Filipina with signs of physical abuseand BOI and Interpol putting out an "all points bulletin", is enough for me to watch my back. Yeah, I would drop a dime on him.....

Edited by Jake
changed from "his GF" to a Filipina
  • Like 5

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Here is an idea. Start a show called "Philippines Most Wanted, Foreigner Edition". Set up annonymous hot lines for people to call in. If you really want to get rid of people, offer a reward. After all, why would someone turn in an innocent person?In all seriousness, are we going to start doing background checks on everybody we meet? You are not going to know the guy or gal you meet tomorrow is wanted in some other country or not. Most people that are seriously hiding out keep a low profile. Neighbors and friends are shocked to find out a person they have known for years was wanted on criminal charges or is an escaped prisoner. Lots of recent examples of that happening here in the US. All this topic comes down to with me is use your own judgement. Only way you will really know if a person is wanted is when law enforcement comes around asking questions. Then you know it is serious. The US has FBI agents all over the world. They will continue to try to track someone down even 20+ years after the crime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
I believe its our responsibility to help those who are being abused and are too weak or afraid to help themselves. In this case the abused Filipina has to file the charges but most cannot do it alone. They need moral support and encouraging words. And, maybe most of all they will need money to pay a lawyer to file the case and represent her in court. Most abused Filipinas will not have the 15,000 + pesos needed for the lawyer's Acceptance Fee. To me, that's a small price to pay when you are talking about someone's life. And, if she wins in court, the defendant will be order to pay all expenses including the Acceptance Fee.
What really sucks about a lot of these types of situations is the economic's. Many women are trapped in that type of relationship. Especially if they are supporting other's in their own immediet family, parents, brothers or sisters. They are willing to put up with the abuse to a point as long as the money keeps flowing. Where that point reaches its limit varies.It comes down to the woman having enough of it and taking some sort of difinitive action. Moral and financial support is one thing, Best to do that through some sort of support group organization. But trying to get in the middle of it is another.Here is an question for you. If you saw a Filipino, not a foreigner, abusing a woman, would you call the authorities? What if he was a town official or local police officer? Lots of gray area when it comes to domestic violence. Unfortunately you could become the one getting deported.
  • Like 1