Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Jim,The man could have been telling you a true story or just making up a story like others have mentioned here to brag about him self. Anyway, if he was telling the truth, does that mean you don't have a problem with socializing with someone who was committing murder for a living? That seems like a very low standard to me. I would never knowingly socialize with that kind of person.
Didn't know if he was telling the truth or not and had no way to confirm it.Like I said, he was a nice enough person, to me anyway. If he had been a nasty or abusive person, I may have treated the situation differently. Regards: Jim
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

20 years ago, my best friend, (best man at my wedding even) killed a man.He had tried to interfere between that man and that man's wife. He firmly believed that the man was abusing his wife. To make a long story short, that same man burst into my friends' apartment to confront him. Me friend shot him dead. The woman never forgave him and always accused him of murdering her husband. The police exonerated Marcel but he never forgave himself. It was a good lesson to stay out of other people's business. If you think I am making this up I will try to find the newspaper clippings from 20 years ago but those who know me will know I do not lie.Stay out of other people's business, for your own sake and the sake of those involved.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Stay out of other people's business, for your own sake and the sake of those involved.
Depends in my opinion, example,if say one's brother in law was bashing his wife and you knew it as you seen the bruises and cuts plus tears in the eyes; would you still say the same thing? Think about it, its your sister!
  • Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Dave,I totally agree with you, and that is why someone abused my wife. He stuck his nose in our business. I don't want to kill him because that would be too good for him. I want him to spend some time in prison.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jim, how many times has a story like that played out over there I wonder? A man who can't return home for whatever reason finds freedom and love or a lonely death.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Stay out of other people's business, for your own sake and the sake of those involved.
Depends in my opinion, example,if say one's brother in law was bashing his wife and you knew it as you seen the bruises and cuts plus tears in the eyes; would you still say the same thing? Think about it, its your sister!
Prime example would be Marlon Brando's son Christian. His sister was being abused and he ended up in prison on a manslaughter conviction. Lot more to the story but something to think about if you decide to get to in the middle of it. Especially when your own personal emotions get involved.
  • Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
This I agree with Tom. While for the most part I prefer to mind my own business and stay out of others affairs, I could not ignore the abuse of a woman or child. If I saw with my own eyes a woman being abused I would have to intervene, if shes my sister, daughter, or even a woman I do not know. That's just the way I was raised....its never right to hit or physically abuse a woman. Of course if a woman is coming at me with a knife or bat it something, that's a different story altogether, I will defend myself. Edited by volstateguy
  • Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Prime example would be Marlon Brando's son Christian. His sister was being abused and he ended up in prison on a manslaughter conviction. Lot more to the story but something to think about if you decide to get to in the middle of it. Especially when your own personal emotions get involved.
I don't know the story or the lot more version but defiantly not saying to do the wrong thing or break the law but in general most people would not turn a blind eye to any form of abuse,do the right thing even if its your mate that is the bad guy as that person is not the good mate/friend as they may appear to be and I'm sure if one day you learned that someone died like a 4,8 tall Filipina at the hands of a giant then you wont forgive yourself. :)
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Your INNOCENT until Proven Guilty in 1st world countries

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Your INNOCENT until Proven Guilty in 1st world countries
True! But if you know about the charges against you, and you run away from the charges against you, well, what does that say about your guilt or innocence? I know there are always exceptions but if it was so bad that somebody had to skip the country? And I'm not saying vigilante justice either - just report to the police so they can send him back to answer to the charges! I'm sure that country's police as well as Interpol won't worry about somebody who didn't pay their parking tickets but they do worry about someone who has killed or abused someone else.
  • Like 4