Philippine Price, American Price;Medical Only

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have split this topic as to keep it about the Filipino price and the Kano medical cost,you can fined the rest of the posts here, http://www.philippin...o-is-the-blame/

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There is no real difference in charging some one more for health care in the Phils or the US ...... except that in the US they charge your insurance carrier more for your services ..... my ex-wife and I both worked in hospitals and nursing homes for quite a few years ..... she as an RN and me as a Director of Environment Services ..... it is a well know fact and practice that the hospital will charge 2 different prices for those with and with out insurance ..... and what does it matter you say ..... well your insurance premiums go up of course and so you pay more plus after the deductible paid by the insurance company you have to pay the balance ...... but not to worry you have a job ... savings or a house to mortgage ...... while those poor (did I say freeloading) displaced persons (can't call them illegals any more ..... might hurt their feelings ...... hummmm ... so much for calling a spade a spade) ..... get low cost or no cost health care ...... Glad I live here ...... I may get charged a bit more but it won't cause me to go into debt to get treated ..... but to each his own ..... I know there are those who say everything is better in the country they came from ...... bahala sila ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

daisy
Posted
Posted

Then why is it that in several occasions, specially when paying an Expat's hospital bills, the wife who usually settle the bills will be asked; "Do you have his Senior Citizen's card"? Philhealth? Please don't question me the legality of a Mayor issuing a SC card to a foreigner here, let us just say, it's a privileged they enjoyed in having done something for our community. In short, expat here just happen to belong to a fair society. :mocking:

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

A friend of my wife was told 10,000 pesos to have a baby. When the baby came out they knew the father was white and the price went to 30,000.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
A friend of my wife was told 10,000 pesos to have a baby. When the baby came out they knew the father was white and the price went to 30,000.
That' the problem; Knowing how long to keep it in the oven, :mocking:
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
When my 2nd child was born, I had my partner to inquire at the "Manila Baby factory "hospital The Jose Fabella Hospitalthe total cost was under 4000php including a C section delivery and that was with Philhealth. Edited by Call me Bubba

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know which is which.... Is that the good one or the one with double occupancy beds... you know, the one with two women sharing a bed while waiting to give birth due to overcrowding? I just woke up and it's not even 6:30 in the morning yet.... can't think.... nothing new there! And some other newer members might not know...

daisy
Posted
Posted
I don't know but so far, I have not encountered a situation like that. Oftentimes, I always get a discount even if the patient is a foreigner.....one time an expat was admitted for 3 days in the hospital. The wife was 65 years old and he's 78. I called them Tatay and Nanay. Nanay just got PHILHEALTH, so that was out for discount. We show a Senior Citizen's card, from 28K it became 22K. The card was just issued the day before!Don't let them think you are a newbie in the country. I know coming from a Filipina this is a sad statement but something has just to be done so that we will not be taken advantage of, especially if like us, you are living on a budget!
  • Like 1