How To Treat Filipina Menstrual Cramps

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

No need to say it. I know this is outside the realm of the usual questions asked on an expat forum but this is a serious question.My wife gets extreme cramps at that time of the months. The doctor has already checked her and told her there is nothing else to do but take one or two Mefenamic capsules when the pain is too much. She is a healthy lady outside of this area.Of course the Mefenamic is pretty much useless so I am asking if anyone here has found a better remedy? Guys, if you are open to it, ask your ladies about it and share here. This is specific to the Philippines because we need medications that can be purchased locally.Thanks everyone

daisy
Posted
Posted
No need to say it. I know this is outside the realm of the usual questions asked on an expat forum but this is a serious question.My wife gets extreme cramps at that time of the months. The doctor has already checked her and told her there is nothing else to do but take one or two Mefenamic capsules when the pain is too much. She is a healthy lady outside of this area.Of course the Mefenamic is pretty much useless so I am asking if anyone here has found a better remedy? Guys, if you are open to it, ask your ladies about it and share here. This is specific to the Philippines because we need medications that can be purchased locally.Thanks everyone
I used to have the same problem about 15 years ago. A friend of mine suggested that I should drink GANO CHOCOLATE and really it worked, until now, my menstrual cramps was history, Maybe you can buy it in any Gano Malaysia distributor or maybe it's in the mall. I don't know if the price is still the same but last year it was 400 pesos per box. 30 sachets per box.I have recommended it to 4 of my friends and all of them said it really works.As I don't know how to attached a picture here i will post it my gallery, I have tried to look at sulit.com but the pictures there are not the same with the one I've used.daisy
  • Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend uses a heating pad to ease the pain when needed.

• Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Heating pad was the answer for my wife for quite awhile, but it had her terrified she would not be able to work in the future because she'd be down for 2 or 3 days with cramps and significant discomfort. Ponstan was the solution for her, but it is a form of mefenamic acid, so if your wife is not responding to that, something stronger needs to be found. Ponstan is taken 3 times a day. And my wife starts it before the pain begins. When she starts getting symptoms that her period about to start, she begins her Ponstan regime. It is much harder to beat the pain back than to prevent it from starting. She napped through when she should have taken her next pill this afternoon and it put her into some severe discomfort. She took her pill and slept some more. A few hours (2 or 3) after taking the Ponstan, she started to get better and doing stuff.I hope you wife finds something that works for her. Good luck!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Ponstan is taken 3 times a day.
It may be that she just does not take enough or at the right times. Its a good thing that she does not like to load up on painkillers or other meds but its frustrating when she will not accept that she needs to take a pill when she is not hurting. Just frustrating for me as she acts like a wounded bear when this acts up.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I used to have the same problem about 15 years ago. A friend of mine suggested that I should drink GANO CHOCOLATE and really it worked, until now, my menstrual cramps was history, Maybe you can buy it in any Gano Malaysia distributor or maybe it's in the mall. I don't know if the price is still the same but last year it was 400 pesos per box. 30 sachets per box.I have recommended it to 4 of my friends and all of them said it really works.As I don't know how to attached a picture here i will post it my gallery, I have tried to look at sulit.com but the pictures there are not the same with the one I've used.daisy
Is this it?http://www.google.co...biw=972&bih=551
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted
Is this it?http://www.google.co...biw=972&bih=551
yes it is....

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Have you or her ever considered BIRTH CONTROL....this is NOT TO BE offensive,, BUT many women in 1st world countries do use this method, NOT TO PREVENT PREGNANCYBUT TO PREVENT MONTHLY PERIODS,, instead of MISS FLOW visiting every 28 days she now visits every 48 or 72 days,ED what the XXXXX do you mean?with the pill your able to control,regulate it slightly,. some women in 1st world countries where it is not a "crime" or a sin,do use this method,,WHY? . A woman who's PERIOD is regular and knows that on 15th that she has "engagement" of some sort. will take this to "delay" or postpone her visiting friend,, Athletes, a woman who is to get married .etc etc.ALSO have you considered reviewing certain medical websites about womans health. which sites? dont know as I havent had this issue to discuss in at least 15 yrs,You have stated she has visited or consulted a doctor or ob/gyn.again review the "woman"s medical websites for advice/guidance, maybe just maybe it could,how ever slight be part of another health issue.EDIT update,,HAVE you considered her DIET.some or certain Foods may aggravate or increase discomfort.does she drink certain "diet" sodas?ice tea or a powder mix that contains a "SUGAR" substitution ? That can have a "major" impact on ones personal health.Again. review the diet. look at what foods may cause a "issue"

Edited by ed villas
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's great news to hear! I may have my wife try this GANO Chocolate remedy before her next PMS!She keeps reminding me! :mocking:post-682-0-52024500-1329060568_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ed, she tried that not too long ago. It did not give the desired relief from the cramps. But it was worth a try.

• Like 1