How To Treat Filipina Menstrual Cramps

Curley
Posted
Posted
No need to say it. I know this is outside the realm of the usual questions asked on an expat forum but this is a serious question. My wife gets extreme cramps at that time of the months. The doctor has already checked her and told her there is nothing else to do but take one or two Mefenamic capsules when the pain is too much. She is a healthy lady outside of this area. Of course the Mefenamic is pretty much useless so I am asking if anyone here has found a better remedy? Guys, if you are open to it, ask your ladies about it and share here. This is specific to the Philippines because we need medications that can be purchased locally. Thanks everyone
I used to have the same problem about 15 years ago. A friend of mine suggested that I should drink GANO CHOCOLATE and really it worked, until now, my menstrual cramps was history, Maybe you can buy it in any Gano Malaysia distributor or maybe it's in the mall. I don't know if the price is still the same but last year it was 400 pesos per box. 30 sachets per box. I have recommended it to 4 of my friends and all of them said it really works. As I don't know how to attached a picture here i will post it my gallery, I have tried to look at sulit.com but the pictures there are not the same with the one I've used. daisy
I asked my girl if she'd heard of Gano chocolate. She said "no, is it a song?" I've stopped laughing now, when do you take the chocolate? All the time or just when they are due?

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
Guys, if you are open to it, ask your ladies about it and share here. This is specific to the Philippines because we need medications that can be purchased locally.
So I would guess that every individual may have different remedies so here is the one my wife uses as she also suffers severe cramping... her approach is to consume a Guiness beer at the onset of her period, her idea not mine, which, for her, acts to more immediately "flush" the system... meaning her cramps end within a day or so instead of a week... then if any lasting cramps, she will take one Midol as it serves to dull the ache and then it is finished..... I have gotten to where I know the cycle when I see Guiness on the grocery receipt. Otherwise, she does not drink alcohol much and I asked.. .any "black" beer works, she just prefers Guiness. Something her mother passed on to her is what I am told... the remedy and the cramps. :thumbsup:She read up and was discouraged about the "pill" as what she read was that the idea of keeping stuff inside for longer than it is supposed to be there may be why there is more instance of cancer's down there in the western world.... OK, I give her an "A" for reserach but I would think there are many theories on that as well.

daisy
Posted
Posted
I asked my girl if she'd heard of Gano chocolate. She said "no, is it a song?" I've stopped laughing now, when do you take the chocolate? All the time or just when they are due?
just take it like coffee....but if she had the cramps have her take also in the evening....
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

A small study in Italy found that a single, high dose of cholecalciferol — also known as vitamin D3 — was linked to a marked reduction in menstrual cramps, with the largest benefits observed in women reporting the most pain at the beginning of the study(edited from original post)http://www.everydayhealth.com/pain-management/0228/vitamin-d3-might-ease-menstrual-cramps.aspx?xid=aol_eh-pain_2_20110227_&aolcat=ESO&icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D139260

• Like 1

andre007
Posted
Posted

Have you tried Naproxen Sodium?It is also used for the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. It works by inhibiting both the COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. Naproxen and naproxen sodium are marketed under various trade names, including: Aleve, Anaprox, Antalgin, Feminax Ultra, Flanax, Inza, Midol Extended Relief, Nalgesin, Naposin, Naprelan, Naprogesic, Naprosyn, Narocin,Proxen, Synflex and Xenobid.

• Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

Have you bought the gano chocolade? If not I will try to ask my friend tomorrow if she can bring one box for me and I will send it to you..please PM me your address...or just text it to me @ 09497632276....it really helps me so much, I don't have that issue anymore until now! thanks.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Have you bought the gano chocolade?
I'm one of those guys who doesn't fix the roof on a nice day 'cause it ain't raining so: No need. Well its been a quiet month with no need for treatment of any kind so I have not looked for the gano choc. There are a couple reasons for that. First is that, on the island I live there is probably less than a snowball's chance in Hades that I'd find some here. And second. The name is remarkably close to Guano and that kind of puts me off.But since you offered, I'd be thrilled if you sent some. I would be happy to pay a reasonable price to try it out. I'll PM you now

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I did a quick read-up on the Gano chocolate because i wanted to find out a) just what it was; and b) was it harmful if I had some (dang sweet tooth!). I was surprised to find that it is nothing but hot chocolate with an additive - a particular dried mushroom! So I looked up the mushroom... It was considered to be the miracle mushroom for Korean, Japanese, and Chinese medicines. It is native to North America also. It has been found to be effective as an anti-viral, anti-bacterial and cancer agent - especially ovarian cancer. Now before you laugh and say... pphhhttteeeeeewwwww - it is also used for modern cancer treatment by some of our larger pharmaceutical companies. There is way too much info on the different sites to put on here so, for anyone interested in it, look it up and you'll be surprised by what this little mushroom can do! I may not have ovaries but I think I might enjoy the occasional Gana hot chocolate myself! Afterall, it was also described as "magic mushrooms" as well!!! :dance:

• Like 1