Buying A Property In The Wifes Name And Leasing It Back

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Its really just a thick quilted blanket that i had to order especially from Canada (i'm from T.O.) because i never though to bring one to a tropical climate. Its funny, when i was in Toronto i thought 22 or 23 was a lovely day. Now its frikkin cold... 1%20%28103%29.gif
PLEASE don't hate me... But I planned ahead. I bought some quilts and sleeping bags as a thrift shop for $3 to $5 each and have used them as packing material for the balikbyan boxes.....
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
i never though to bring one to a tropical climate.
I did. But guess what.. . . I never get to use it as my wife 'claimed' it and cuddles up in it. I get the blanket from the ukay ukay store. If any one is bringing a duvet, here is a tip. Put it in a green garbage bag and suck all the air out with your vacuum cleaner. It will shrivel up to almost nothing and when you open it here, it goes right back to normal. I did the same with some very expensive pillows and I am very glad that I brought both. Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
suck all the air out with your vacuum cleaner. It will shrivel up to almost nothing and when you open it here, it goes right back to normal
Hmm might try that,should I stick it in the hose or direct into the vac? Maybe hose, could be moving parts and,, ouch. Anyway even for those coming from a cold climate that are used to it shriveled up at least you know now that Dave says it will go back to normal when you are in the Philippines.PS: That's what I love about this forum, always something new to learn. :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hmm might try that,should I stick it in the hose or direct into the vac?
You stick the hose in the bag with the duvet in it, hold the bag tight around the hose and be prepared to tie it off quick when you pull the hose out because the air will go back in real quick if it gets a chance.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
suck all the air out with your vacuum cleaner. It will shrivel up to almost nothing and when you open it here, it goes right back to normal
Hmm might try that,should I stick it in the hose or direct into the vac? Maybe hose, could be moving parts and,, ouch. Anyway even for those coming from a cold climate that are used to it shriveled up at least you know now that Dave says it will go back to normal when you are in the Philippines.PS: That's what I love about this forum, always something new to learn. :thumbsup:
WHAT! have you no tele man? Have you not set up late at night, drinking Fosters and watching the 3am infomerials on the vacuuuuuuum seal bags? Why man! You can store an entire closet of rarely use clothes in the space of just one shelf! **Not child safe! Do not put bag over your head. Do not eat.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
WHAT! have you no tele man? Have you not set up late at night, drinking Fosters and watching the 3am infomerials on the vacuuuuuuum seal bags? Why man! You can store an entire closet of rarely use clothes in the space of just one shelf! **Not child safe! Do not put bag over your head. Do not eat.
My god, so sorry.I was thinking about another thing stuck in a hose and shriveling up.Just shows how we read things differently. :hystery:
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Its really just a thick quilted blanket that i had to order especially from Canada (i'm from T.O.) because i never though to bring one to a tropical climate. Its funny, when i was in Toronto i thought 22 or 23 was a lovely day. Now its frikkin cold... 1%20%28103%29.gif
could have tried Ikea if you ever left the country on a weekend trip. No Ikea in the Philippines but they are in Taiwan, Singapore and another country that way - just can't remember which. They used to sell their duvets in any store no matter what country.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Then wrap your black tank in a blanket each night. :mocking: :)
did you give it a hug and a kiss goodnight too? :yes:

Curley
Posted
Posted

That would be a personal decision, depending on your inclination.

• Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted
A lease from a legal wife is an illegal lease. I know a guy going through that now. If there is any chance your wife is out to scam you then do not buy property under any kind of arrangement.
I agree! That very little seed of doubt planted in your head about what if anything goes wrong will eat the relationship somehow! Giving her a house and material possession is not a guarantee that she in return loving you as much! I often times wonder if all these girls who claim that 'this rich old foreigner is the love of my life" "we are perfect together" "I love him very much"..whatever, are true if they are not given that lavishness in life that they are enjoying at the moment. I am sorry but I am just being honest about it. I have seen several relationship who looks so perfect but without the foreigner's financial support, everything turned bitter and off she go for a greener and bigger catch!I hate to say this but every time I hear somebody said, "find me a foreigner" "you buy a house, your husband is a foreigner" I could see through the heart of that Filipina and never would I introduce her to any of my foreigner friends!Just build your relationship with love, trust and confidence and everything will be perfect for the both of you!!!!
  • Like 4