Buying A Property In The Wifes Name And Leasing It Back

Thomas
Posted
Posted

When the father passed away, one of the father's sisters tried to take the land but couldn't because of the lease being done properly - the local Captain and the sons stood up for them.

After he told me about this (I think it was around last December or January), I started to look into the different laws concerning an expat renting land. Many laws were written strictly in regards to only Filipinos and I had to look in other places for information affecting an expat. To sum it all up, it is confusing and contradictory and a good lawyer could probably beat your lease to death in court or save your lease for you. I think the best thing to do is to talk to the Barangay Captain where the land is - he may tell you that all I have suggested may not be required there. Of course I think it is always a good idea to know your Captain and know him well! A little friendship and occasional invitation for dinner or so will go a long way to help matters both now and in the future.

Yes, that can be a good idea.

(I planned to visit him about other things anyway. But it's ment to cover 30 years at least. Perhaps it will be an enemy to that old barangar captain having that position, when the lease is questioned :)

It's a problem I dislike social dining and such (in business), but I suppose I will have to do some :boohoo: :)

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
It's a problem I dislike social dining and such (in business), but I suppose I will have to do some

A regular supply of bottles of Whiskey to the captain will do the same job :thumbsup:

• Like 1