What Not To Bring...?

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

SM Appliance is often filled with junk by 1st world standards. Make an occasional trip to Manila and visit Rustans Department store. You will find real gear and much better quality than the "for the Filipino masses" junk that SM department store traditionally stocks. That does not mean everything they sell is garbage, but much of their smaller appliances are. I bought a good blender from SM Appliance but their stick blenders were utter garbage. A trip to Rustans Department store was rewarded by much higher quality items by the same maker (Philips this time) than anything in SM Appliance.

Edited by Tatoosh
  • Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted
SM Appliance is often filled with junk by 1st world standards. Make an occasional trip to Manila and visit Rustans Department store. You will find real gear and much better quality than the "for the Filipino masses" junk that SM department store traditionally stocks. That does not mean everything they sell is garbage, but much of their smaller appliances are. I bought a good blender from SM Appliance but their stick blenders were utter garbage. A trip to Rustans Department store was rewarded by much higher quality items by the same maker (Philips this time) than anything in SM Appliance.
Where in Manila is Rustans?????Thanks

Curley
Posted
Posted

Just Google Rustans manila

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted
Just Google Rustans manila
Thanks...http://www.rustans.com.ph/http://www.rustansupercenters.com/
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Michael_Harman
Posted
Posted

I agree you can find everything you need here in most "SM" Malls. When I left the US I had a big garage sale and sold off everything I had except a few things like some nice lamps that work OK here on 220 I even brought some extension chords. About extension chords you need to open them up and cut out the filtering circuit as is will explode in a puff of smoke if they are plugged into 220, although once you cut out the circuit with wire snips and put it back together it works fine but will not filter spikes, you need to buy a automatic voltage regulator to handel that. If you buy a computer here it comes with 220 power suppply but I recommend getting a battery backup system UPS and a voltage regulator if you can find one in 220, as power outages are often here.

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Class B appliances, Why oh why should you get Sczzwed when you can buy the nearly same exact item FOR LESS, Samsung. GE, Whirlpool are some of the Products that Offer CLASS B items.what is a CLASS B item? its an item that has a slight defect. no box, or was display item. IT still has a FULL WARRANTY, and the best of all. You PAY LESS. where to find CLASS B? ask the local sales person, He should know. if not ask for the main office number, i have done this and SAVED. 32 in TV samsung 25k while in the store it was 35k or slightly more (2008)washing machine Admiral unit, 16500 while at SM it was 22K (2006)now the same unit is 24kGE aircon .75hp 9500 while at other place it was 14k (2005) Ge aircon

• Like 1