Have you had your vaccinations updated?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Is there really any need if you are physically in good condition mostly and never really get sick? Would taking all these mean you will always need to get them in the future as your body will come to depend on them?Apparently eating lots of tropical fruits, coconut juice (buku) etc are natural ways to keep immune to medical issues like this!
YES being in GOOD health can help.drinking "buko" or vampire blood,or PRAYING on the cross of lady gagaI beg to differ that it will keep your body "immune" to theseDISEASES< yes these are diseases that can be controlled,prevented, and in some cases Eliminated , Hepa can be prevented usually with vaccinations .same with tetanus,i presume that you are NOT living here or not lived here for long,,EVERY year in january people DIE as they were INJURED by the "fireworks" WHAT happens to these SMART people who FAILED to seek medical attention & get a Tetanus shot.They die, simple fact,VACCINATIONS CAN SAVE LIVES perhaps it will save yours or your loved one somedayIf you can post any information that drinking "buko" juice or other "natural foods" can prevent diseases or eradicate that the vaccinations can prevent. I Wish you can share it,about foreigners who have died from "preventable" diseases I have not yet read any cases .yes they do die of "health" issues but not due to tetanus.hepa .rabies. usually just the old heart or liver gives out.without sounding RACIST or inflaming others,Perhaps this is what sets us apart,how ever slightly that we are "proactive" with our health than waiting to get ill and then seek care, this is what makes us different, that we do care about ourselves,our bodies, We at least I was raised to take care of ones self,Yes, proper diet,rest, exercise,healthy foods and update our (medical) vaccinations.if i seem strong on this issue, It is something I believe in,In this country alone, many YES many people die needlessly due to the fact they did not take care of themselves. to wit, being immunized, for those who had served in the armed forces/military, when you went thru introduction or basic training, do you recall getting your "shots"? i recall those days ,and what they said or told us about them,, IT WILL SAVE your life..Bubba has now left the building .
  • Like 2

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

YES being in GOOD health can help.drinking "buko" or vampire blood,or PRAYING on the cross of lady gagaI beg to differ that it will keep your body "immune" to these :grouphugg: :nudie: :89: :541: That's good stuff....

Edited by Dzighnman
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)
I agree with you. Very few are arrested in the Philippines, but when you continue to violate Philippine law and become a well know criminal like happened in 2006, then you will be arrested. The Filipino people will only take so much before they have to take action against us foreigners.
WTF???? criminal? have no idea what you are talking about??????? I had never been to the Philippines in 2006 and I most certainly not violated any philippines laws????
YES being in GOOD health can help.drinking "buko" or vampire blood,or PRAYING on the cross of lady gagaI beg to differ that it will keep your body "immune" to theseIf you can post any information that drinking "buko" juice or other "natural foods" can prevent diseases or eradicate that the vaccinations can prevent. I Wish you can share it,without sounding RACIST or inflaming others,Perhaps this is what sets us apart,how ever slightly that we are "proactive" with our health than waiting to get ill and then seek care, this is what makes us different, that we do care about ourselves,our bodies, We at least I was raised to take care of ones self,Yes, proper diet,rest, exercise,healthy foods and update our (medical) vaccinations.
Look, if you had bothered to read my post for what it was I was not disagreeing with you but I was asking questions and then when I talked about buko juice I used the word "APPARENTLY" I never said it was FACTS!!!You seem very defensive about this and don't want to listen to others opinions or even debate it as you have made your thoughts known and then said "YOU HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING" so what sort of advice or debate are you starting here?If you are going to tell people to get vaccinations then at least provide some facts, your medical qualifications etc.Also I failed to see the connection between vampires/lady gaga and Buko juice? If you search "buko juice health benefits" then you will get FACTS not superstitions!I was enjoying this forum until I read this crap today! Edited by Adventurer

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Some people take these shots and some people don't ..... when I was doing research on moving here years ago I can't think of any posts where people said you must or should be inoculated for all those diseases ..... if you are going to live out in the province I would say you have a much better chance of contacting that stuff than if you live in a more populated area ...... just like flu shots some people take them and others don't ..... I personally don't .....I don't think anyone should scoff (not saying anyone has) at home remedies or their use ..... scientist and doctors are constantly discovering that some of the old timers knew a whole lot more than was known before ..... years ago they used to make you eat moldy bread when you were sick ....... eat and drink concoctions made from roots ... leaves and berries ..... and it seemed to work .... sometimes better than what we have for medicines today .......I was in the service and remember those shots well ..... many were not needed but used to test out new vaccines and methods of giving them ..... what better place than the armed services to have thousands of "volunteers" to rely on ...... I could tell you personal stories about that but that would be off subject .....

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Modern day medicine has only been going for just over 100 years, we survived pretty well before that on all sorts of remedies.

• Like 1

United Army
Posted
Posted

Wow..this thread has some strong points of view. I look at vaccinations like this. I think that Typhoid, Tetanus, and the Hepatitis A and B a person should get while in the Philippines or even just visiting here. If your healthy and are never sick this will not help you if you happened to be exposed to Typhoid, Tetanus or Hepatitis. If I’m correct Typhoid and Hepatitis you can get from dirty water, (i.e.) lets say a typhoon hits your area or an earthquake does. If one of these events happen how will you get clean water? Or if the clean water is contaminated and you drink it then what? You could possibly get Typhoid or Hepatitis and Hepatitis affects your liver. So living in a third world country getting some vaccinations, is the smart thing to due, but voluntary on your part. I get my vaccinations and (I’m over due on all of them right now), just to be safe during a natural disaster. The drinking water that you get delivery in those 5 gallons jugs, is not chlorinated, its just filtered. Its possible to get Typhoid or Hepatitis from that drinking water, sort of scary when you think about it. I have been here for just over 2 years and have been drinking that bottle water and have not gotten sick, but the what if scares me now……

• Like 4

United Army
Posted
Posted
Is there really any need if you are physically in good condition mostly and never really get sick? Would taking all these mean you will always need to get them in the future as your body will come to depend on them?Apparently eating lots of tropical fruits, coconut juice (buku) etc are natural ways to keep immune to medical issues like this!
The answer is...no.... to your above statement.. and yes you will need to get re-vaccinated in order to keep you immune up to date.
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

My understanding from a doctor friend is that here in the Philippines the most common cause of death for a foreigner is from a fatal motorbike accident. The reason being is that many foreigners who get very sick from traditional diseases (heart, stroke, tooth decay, etc) go back home for treatment before they actually pass away.After seeing the way people drive over here i can believe it...

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Another major contribution to foreigners living shortened lives here is what some would call the stupid syndrome and they don't offer inoculation against that ..... kinda wish they could ....... here are ten examples ...... I'm sure you can add more ......1) cheating on their girlfriends or wives .....2) not knowing when to keep their fat traps shut ......3) drinking with the wrong people or getting to drunk in public places and doing 2 above4) carrying large amounts of cash or wearing flashy jewelry5) using poor judgment in choosing their partner6) advertizing there status with fancy cars and houses7) living in an area known to detrimental to ones health (like areas of known kidnappings etc.)8) not planning wisely for their retirement here and running out of funds only to commit suicide9) drinking them selves to death ...... mostly in the bar areas like Angeles etc.10) not paying attention to their surroundings ..... (walking in front of cars .... buses etc.)These are just some of the things I have read on other boards during the past 15 or so years about foreigners who have actually died here .....

• Like 4