Have you had your vaccinations updated?

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Each person has their own beliefs and should do what they think is right. For me, I do not believe I should pump poisons into my body trying to prevent any sickness or disease that I may come in contact with. One thing for sure, injecting yourself with poisons will have an effect on your health. The injection actually gives some people the disease that they are trying to prevent. Here's a story about vaccinations that had a big effect on my life and even bigger on the lives on my father and brother. In the late 1970's there was a big scare in the news media about Swine Flu was coming to America and would kill millions of people if we didn't get vaccinated against it. Well, I believed it was a lie made up by doctors and drug companies to get richer than they already were, so I refused to get the vaccine. My father and brother believed the lies that were in the news everyday and were injected with the poison. They were living together in one city and I lived about 1 1/2 hours drive away. One day I called to let them know I was coming to visit and my father said do not come here you may get sick too. Since getting the shot they had been in bed very sick for 2 weeks. My father had been healthy and strong. He loved to go deer hurting and walk through the mountains, but after he was finally well enough to go back to work he was still very weak. He no longer had the strength or energy to go hunting. He never fully recovered from getting that shot and his health kept getting worse until he died. My brother was still young, only 2 years older than me, he regained his strength but continued to have health problems and died a few years ago. I don't allow anyone to inject poison into me and I'm still health and strong. Vaccines prevent sickness and disease sometimes but they also cause them in healthy people. Filipinos get vaccines when going to school because they are required but most adults do not continue to get them. This along should tell you something, is the benefit greater than the risk of get them? And, if death awaits anyone who isn't regularly vaccinated then why is the population growing at such an astonishing rate. Not very many dying from preventable diseases is my guess. Also, no vaccine will prevent LBM, loose bowel movement, caused by drinking or eating contaminated food, which is probably the most common sickness in the Philippines.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hear, hear, I absolutely agree. Every so often we get these scare stories, swine fever, asian bird flue etc etc the drug companies sell millions or billions of dollars worth of "vaccines" to governments, those "vaccines" have a shelf life and end up being unused and disposed of (at more expense). So much of modern "medicine" is controlled by the big pharma companies as a money making excercise. Read up on how the Rockefeller family started their influence on medicine in the early 1900s!

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
Chill out please -- Jake
Yes your right and I think I must have had blurry eyes as my sight has been failing lately
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

I MAY indeed be around sick locals from time to time, bad food / water and who knows what else. Probable spit, vomit and blood with training. ( More than likely my own fluids but hopefully not much :hystery: )

Though I am " Natural /organic " or holistic med patient ( From a professionally paid health practitioner ) I am getting these shots ! I will be around these types of infectious pathogens sooner or later. I can not find my bloody shot records so at least boosters.

I'll E mail a friend who is an ER Doc as well as Tac-Med leader for a few SWAT teams before I do the final deed.

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

For those that are UK based and are travelling/settling to PI, heres a current UK advisory article:-

Immunisations

· Confirm primary courses and boosters are up to date as recommended for life in Britain - including for example, vaccines required for occupational risk of exposure, lifestyle risks and underlying medical conditions.

· Courses or boosters usually advised: tetanus; hepatitis A; typhoid.

· Other vaccines to consider: diphtheria; hepatitis B; rabies; Japanese encephalitis; cholera.

· A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from travellers over 1 year of age coming from areas with risk of yellow fever transmission.

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/philippines.aspx

Vaccine recommendation

Disease

Recommendation

When to see a doctor

Typhoid

Vaccination recommended

10 days before travel

Hepatitis A

Vaccination recommended

2 weeks before travel

Diphtheria

*Vaccination sometimes recommended

3 months before travel

Tuberculosis

3 months before travel

Hepatitis B

2 months before travel

Rabies

1 month before travel

Meningococcal meningitis

Not required

Cholera

2 weeks before travel

Yellow fever

Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area

10 days before travel

Japanese B encephalitis

1 month before travel

Tick-borne encephalitis

Not required

* Recommendations that are marked "Vaccination sometimes recommended" should be considered as "Vaccination strongly recommended" if a person is travelling frequently or spending extended time in that country.

All travellers are advised to ensure that tetanus and polio vaccinations are kept up to date.

Recommendations do change from time to time and it is important to discuss your personal requirements with your doctor.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/travel/asia/philippines.shtml

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Very good post Ashanti. Finding a nice list of recommended vaccines has proven to be harder than I thought it would.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

O.K. I almost PMed Bubba but figured I'd post. According to my inside medical friends; Some of the Government health care clinics around the southern U.S. failed to keep the vaccines at the proper temp / storage. Hence " Dead " Inoculations. Thus I went to a private facility were I kinda know the staff. Got my Titers. I'll know next week IF I need boosters & for what.

No such thing as Japanese bug vaccine here state side nor Hep A ( I.G. I did not ask about )

Can I get these in the P.I. @ a health care facility that is ABSOLUTELY certain they are " good " or valid ?

I'v also requested a few liver tests since Hep B/ C effects theses organs. That way I have a bench mark in the event of actual infected exposure.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
I'v also requested a few liver tests since Hep B/ C effects theses organs. That way I have a bench mark in the event of actual infected exposure.

There is a direct test for Hep C. You just have to ask for it.

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Guys, this is NOT my field of medicine. I have had 6 Doctors visits in last 4 freaking days ! Many of the tests should ( As I understand it ) have me covered. I had my liver tested as well as blood & accompanied panel work including a CMP.

I can only deduct that I'm G2G even though some of the shots DO NOT exist in the U.S. according to multiple conversations with Doc's & staff. There is NO proven " Validated " shot for Hep C. That was my understanding.

: )

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately there is no vaccination for Hep C - only Hep A and B.