No mobile homes in the Philippines

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have often wondered why there isn't a company in the Philippines selling mobile homes or as I think Americans call them, trailers.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
split topic

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Mobile homes in the USA are really mobile only in the delivery phase, though they can be towed off when scrapped. The show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe on Discovery TV had a segment about that recently. The container approach is appealing to me and if we ever build apartments, as my wife occasionally expresses a desire for, I will look at those closely. I've seen some very slipshod hollow block construction. I'd rather drop a few thousand in improved foundation work, do an exterior clad in insulation and good looking outer surface. Then finish the inside appropriately. Shazzam, a serious structure that should last quite awhile and shouldn't have bug or cracking problems.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I have often wondered why there isn't a company in the Philippines selling mobile homes or as I think Americans call them, trailers.
I think the correct term is "Tornado Magnet"! :hystery:
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

A mans house is his castle.back in the other part of the worlda house like this would draw some man a very lucky womanJust curious would this work here?http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/028/4/f/REDNECK_OUTHOUSE_COLOR_by_uncledave.jpgpost-1293-0-32629400-1329152559_thumb.jp

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I have often wondered why there isn't a company in the Philippines selling mobile homes or as I think Americans call them, trailers
Yup! Nice inside but they have a tendency to blow down / away when the wind gets up there! Very popular on the east coast of Canada but you will always see them somewhere sheltered.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have often wondered why there isn't a company in the Philippines selling mobile homes or as I think Americans call them, trailers
Yup! Nice inside but they have a tendency to blow down / away when the wind gets up there! Very popular on the east coast of Canada but you will always see them somewhere sheltered.
Mobile means on wheels normally and many roads are not suited to tow,narrow bumpy and low over head wires branches etc is probably the reason why.
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Mobile means on wheels normally and many roads are not suited to tow,narrow bumpy and low over head wires branches etc is probably the reason why.
I have seen at least 2 large trucks here with rebar welded to the front bumper and then arched back over the cab / load as to gently raise and slide under the low hanging power / phone wires. Somebody was thinking!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have seen at least 2 large trucks here with rebar welded to the front bumper and then arched back over the cab / load as to gently raise and slide under the low hanging power / phone wires. Somebody was thinking!
Sure was, did you like the fireworks show of sparks??? :unsure:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
No fireworks as the truck is isolated via it's tires.However, I assume that in the past, that truck or the owner of the truck had pulled down enough power lines that he thought to build the rebar sloping back to allow the truck to slide under instead of grab the wires and pull!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No fireworks as the truck is isolated via it's tires.However, I assume that in the past, that truck or the owner of the truck had pulled down enough power lines that he thought to build the rebar sloping back to allow the truck to slide under instead of grab the wires and pull!
As I work with our power company almost every day I can tell you now there would be sparks if the metal was hitting live un insulated lines and the tires wont stop that.If the re-bar is covered in a plastic pipe then should be OK unless the wires clash together.Ask Tom
  • Like 1