Foreigners,No Working Visas Nabbed

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Foreigners Without Working Visas Nabbed

The BI official urged the citizenry not to hesitate in reporting the presence of suspicious-looking aliens in their respective localities so the bureau can immediately verify the immigration status of the foreigners.
The above paragraph is a quote from the story which shows that those foreigners doing the wrong thing in the Philippines are taking high risks.StoryMANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration (BI) launched a crackdown against foreigners illegally working in the country with the recent arrest of eight aliens who were employed in two mining sites in Eastern Samar without the required work permits.Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. said the aliens were arrested by BI intelligence operatives inside the compounds of the Yinshu Mining Corp. and Din Shing Mining Inc. in Barangay Caradapan, Eastern Samar last Feb. 6.David said he issued the mission order for the operation after informants tipped the bureau about the presence of scores of foreigners who were allegedly employed at the mining firms without the required working visas from the BI.The rest here, http://www.mb.com.ph...ng-visas-nabbed
  • Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Eww, someone forgot to put that thick red envelope in the annual "Chinese New Year" card!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Eww, someone forgot to put that thick red envelope in the annual "Chinese New Year" card!
Would be interesting to know how many foreigners from all countries are working without the proper Visa. I'm sure there would be a lot of Koreans as I have seen it many times where they are deported for this offence.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Bureau of Immigration has a long tradition of targeting Chinese nationals for expired visas and lack of work permits. The reason is they are more culturally accustomed to spending money to privately settle the problem. The BI does not target Americans, Australians, Canadians, and Europeans on the theory that their first instinct is to hire a lawyer. The BI agents still get their reward, but the process takes longer as the lawyer attempts to run circles around them. The reward is also less because the lawyer gets a large portion of the money set aside to take care of the problem.The only actual deportations are loners and those who have committed a crime either in the Philippines or their home country.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Don't think I would want to take the chance... Got to much to lose and not enough to gain by taking that chance!

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

If you was working here ILLEGALLY and treating your workers with respect,kindness and paying a FAIR Living wage.I dont think that you would be turned in.if your working ILLEGALLY and NOT paying a fair Living wage.disrespect your workers and TREATING them like dirt,I am sure you wouldnt last long .before the BI comes knocking at your Nipa Hut door

i am bob
Posted
Posted
If you was working here ILLEGALLY and treating your workers with respect,kindness and paying a FAIR Living wage.I dont think that you would be turned in.if your working ILLEGALLY and NOT paying a fair Living wage.disrespect your workers and TREATING them like dirt,I am sure you wouldnt last long .before the BI comes knocking at your Nipa Hut door
Just wondering.... You don't think the Rich Kano syndrome would kick in?
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The owner of another forum found out the hard way in 2006 when he was arrested and deported for not having a work permit and other violations of Philippine law.

Edited by Americano

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Unfortunetly there will always be someone that would exploit the business owner if they found out about their illegal immigration status. Does not matter how nice and giving you are, someone out there will always want more.
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Also please remember that here ANY enterprise that is making money can be subject to someone trying to take over ... whether it be by getting an illegal business owner deported or killing a rival lechon vendor across the street .... as they say "all's fair in love and war" ...... this is a pretty good reason for a foreigner NOT to go into business for himself legally or other wise .....