Rice Rice Rice How......

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Look at the videos of Americans during WWII, you will see that the people are very slim. Its hard to find a fat person in any of those videos. Now many Americans are as fat as pigs. Very similar to the owner of another forum. He must weigh about 180 kilos. He doesn't have a flat side, he is round. Is it from eating too much rice in the Philippines or from eating fast food?

The rice is a contributing factor, but the main reason is more likely fast food. Everything in moderation. If you go to a burger joint once every two or three weeks, it's okay. Do it every day and you have a problem. We try to cook at home. This way, we know the ingredients. I tried using canola oil, corn oil, peanut oil, olive oil, etc. to prepare fries. No way close to McDonalds French Fries. The reason is their secret cooking oil formula includes lard or animal fat. Try their French Fries in an Islamic country where pig fat is not allowed.

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)
look at the size of the portion of rice compared to the size of the meat and vegetables. The rice will be much larger

In poorer families, it is common for the parents to 'fill up' the kids on rice with a tiny amount of meat and veg. This is simply due to the cost of the rice being much less than the cost of the sud-an. This style of eating becomes th norm and that is why you see huge piles of rice on plates, its so everyone can share a little of the tiny dish of meat and veg that they have.

My wife's family couldn't afford rice so they ate corn. Corn is better for you than rice. Two hands full of rice is enough for anyone, the rest you can feed to the dogs.

Edited by MikeB

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

And a lack of physical activity.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I resemble that remark ...... :mocking:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I resemble that remark ...... :mocking:

So do quite a few others... Like me!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
look at the size of the portion of rice compared to the size of the meat and vegetables. The rice will be much larger

In poorer families, it is common for the parents to 'fill up' the kids on rice with a tiny amount of meat and veg. This is simply due to the cost of the rice being much less than the cost of the sud-an. This style of eating becomes th norm and that is why you see huge piles of rice on plates, its so everyone can share a little of the tiny dish of meat and veg that they have.

I learned many years ago, that this is the theory behind the Yorkshire Pudding. Filling but cheap. Now a delicacy, it's origines were based on the poor of Yorkshire (England)

• Like 1