Rice Rice Rice How......

acman
Posted
Posted

My wife thinks she will die if she goes a day without rice, so she eats rice 3 times a day.I only eat rice 3 or 4 times a week.

• Like 1

dean01
Posted
Posted

I eat rice with 2 meals I lost 30kg eating rice on a low cal diet. It a great low GI food. You still need to portion control

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife has always said, "I cannot live without rice". I eat it rarely when abroad, but when in the Philippines, I do as the locals and usually have it two plus times daily.... Best expereince ever... leaving the Portland International Airport for the first time afer my wife arriving with me.... "Are you hungry?", I ask..."Oh yes" she replied... "What are you hungry for?" I ask... "RICE", she replies.... Hmmmmm, I guess I should have thought about that and found someplace that has rice... sure we know of them all now, but then????? Nope, I had no clue where to find rice for her... so directly to Walmart to get a rice cooker we went..... She really cannot live without rice.. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dzighnman

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For me its beef. I am starving for good beef. It gets so even a MacDonald's burger tastes good. I get enough pork and chicken but here in the province there is almost no decent beef.MAYBE (idea forming) . . they should feed the darn rice to some nice BEEF steers and fatten them up for STEAK, and ROAST . . . ummmmmm

• Like 3

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I'm with David! When I found some Nathans All Beef Hotdogs here in Baguio City, it was like my mouth was having a flavor orgasm! My wife does not consider a day complete without rice. She can now go for one meal or during a level 7 earthquake, signal 5 typhoon, or nuclear meltdown, possibly two meals without rice. But that is it. Any further delay will cause the end of human civilization and the return of Tyrannosaurus Rex!

• Like 1

acman
Posted
Posted (edited)
I eat rice with 2 meals I lost 30kg eating rice on a low cal diet. It a great low GI food. You still need to portion control
Wow you lost weight eatting rice. I gained 30 lbs eating rice at every meal thats why i only eat a few times a week now. Edited by acman
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
My girlfriend of could have it every meal. Her rice cooker broke a couple months ago and it was like a red alert...she went straight out and bought a new one that day....no joke! Me...I have it when she cooks a Filipino meal, or another asain meal. Not that I don't like rice, I just dont think it goes with every meal. Of course once I move to the Philippines Im sure I will eat more.
NO RICE COOKER FOR PART OF A DAY!!! Thats just crazy talk! :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Bamboocharlie, great points on the brown rice. My wife will even eat sometimes if its cooked into another dish.THe problem is most Filipinos will only eat the milled white Jasmin rice.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
My wife has always said, "I cannot live without rice". I eat it rarely when abroad, but when in the Philippines, I do as the locals and usually have it two plus times daily.... Best expereince ever... leaving the Portland International Airport for the first time afer my wife arriving with me.... "Are you hungry?", I ask..."Oh yes" she replied... "What are you hungry for?" I ask... "RICE", she replies.... Hmmmmm, I guess I should have thought about that and found someplace that has rice... sure we know of them all now, but then????? Nope, I had no clue where to find rice for her... so directly to Walmart to get a rice cooker we went..... She really cannot live without rice.. :attention:
You make an important point. Those who brought a Filipina into home country having a rice cooker and the correct type of rice on hand goes a long way making her feel welcome and happy.
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Rice AKA the heroin of the orient......I have in the past gone several years and not eaten rice. Never missed it.I have had people here tell me they were very sorry as they had no rice to offer me to eat. The 'I can't live without rice everyday' is something I have heard many times.What I find interesting is driving along the road and people putting out a tarp with rice to dry, right on the road like it was their property and all traffic has to cross the line to avoid the rice.

• Like 1