right on the road like it was their property
Maybe her husband is a bus driver and they DO own the road, or think they do
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
right on the road like it was their property
Maybe her husband is a bus driver and they DO own the road, or think they do
Hey Ralphie -boy!In the Ft. Lauderdale area, there is some law that you MUST give way to a bus... so even while there are cut outs in the road for the bus to pull over, whe he pulls back on, many don't even look as they assume the car driver is now at fault for any accident.I have an aquaintence who is a guard at the Ft. lauderdale Greyhound station. Yeally bad stories he tells about the low lifes and run aways and crimes there. One BUM has even build cardboard rooms behind a building close by and RENTS them out to travelers to sleep in!

dean01
Posted
Posted
I eat rice with 2 meals I lost 30kg eating rice on a low cal diet. It a great low GI food. You still need to portion control
Wow you lost weight eatting rice. I gained 30 lbs eating rice at every meal thats why i only eat a few times a week now.
Every time I tried a low calorie diet I never felt ok. Then I did it with rice and live the rice diet. Eating large amounts of any food you will put on weight. I lost my 30kg over 6 months.
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I eat rice with some meals because I'm in the Philippines, but if I never ate rice I wouldn't miss it. Rice is very bland with almost no taste to me. I see it more as a filler. I see a lot of birth defects in the Philippines and often wonder if filling up on rice and not eating enough vegetables and fruits to get the vitamins and minerals needed for good health is what causes the defects. And, its not only birth defects, I know some Filipinas who are in their early 20's who already have health problems like, kidney stones, goiters, hemorrhoids, etc. In the Western world those problems usually don't start until much later in life.When someone is shoving in rice by the table spoons full or hand full, it doesn't take long to get their stomach full and then there's not much room for other more nutritious food.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I eat rice with some meals because I'm in the Philippines, but if I never ate rice I wouldn't miss it. Rice is very bland with almost no taste to me. I see it more as a filler. I see a lot of birth defects in the Philippines and often wonder if filling up on rice and not eating enough vegetables and fruits to get the vitamins and minerals needed for good health is what causes the defects. And, its not only birth defects, I know some Filipinas who are in their early 20's who already have health problems like, kidney stones, goiters, hemorrhoids, etc. In the Western world those problems usually don't start until much later in life.When someone is shoving in rice by the table spoons full or hand full, it doesn't take long to get their stomach full and then there's not much room for other more nutritious food.
Very valid observation! :attention:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm a Fil/Am and I'm sick of rice and not keen on Filipino cuisine either, except for ox-tail Kare-Kare and pakswi na pata if you know what those are! I'm just a fast/slow food kind of guy with ARMY NAVY's hamburgers & burritos, Pancake House's breakfasts, Rack's baby back ribs, T.G.I.F at ATC and Shakey's pizzas and whatever else places I can find to satisfy my taste buds and stomach! :attention:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I'm a Fil/Am and I'm sick of rice and not keen on Filipino cuisine either, except for ox-tail Kare-Kare and pakswi na pata if you know what those are! I'm just a fast/slow food kind of guy with ARMY NAVY's hamburgers & burritos, Pancake House's breakfasts, Rack's baby back ribs, T.G.I.F at ATC and Shakey's pizzas and whatever else places I can find to satisfy my taste buds and stomach! :attention:
Living the dream Art!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did you see the USD $18 half baby back ribs from New Zealand I had when we were in Hong Kong just last week? The fish & chips and veggie pizza were great too! My wife doesn't like Chinese food after seeing how they prepare their meals, just call her finicky! Our photo galleryhttp://www.philippin...g-feb-6-9-2012/

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Art ...... just got done eating a big bowl of Kare-Kare ....... ummmmmmmm good .... :dance:

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
My girlfriend of could have it every meal. Her rice cooker broke a couple months ago and it was like a red alert...she went straight out and bought a new one that day....no joke! Me...I have it when she cooks a Filipino meal, or another asain meal. Not that I don't like rice, I just dont think it goes with every meal. Of course once I move to the Philippines Im sure I will eat more.
NO RICE COOKER FOR PART OF A DAY!!! Thats just crazy talk! :dance:
You would have thought the world ended :thumbsup:
  • Like 1