Rice Rice Rice How......

Bruce
Posted
Posted
My girlfriend of could have it every meal. Her rice cooker broke a couple months ago and it was like a red alert...she went straight out and bought a new one that day....no joke! Me...I have it when she cooks a Filipino meal, or another asain meal. Not that I don't like rice, I just dont think it goes with every meal. Of course once I move to the Philippines Im sure I will eat more.
NO RICE COOKER FOR PART OF A DAY!!! Thats just crazy talk! :dance:
You would have thought the world ended :thumbsup:
Like I said... Heroin of the orient!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Art ...... just got done eating a big bowl of Kare-Kare ....... ummmmmmmm good .... :thumbsup:
Mike, Kare-Kare isn't complete unless you have the shrimp alamang with it! ummmmm good! :dance:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Automatic rice cooker or without, I know how to cook rice just using a regular pot with a lid, but since I don't eat much rice I don't bother to cook it the old fashion Filipino way! :dance:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

A week ago my wife had really the bad menstrual cramps (other thread) and I was trying to be nice by cooking some rice in the rice cooker:Me: How many cups of rice do you want me to put in?Her: I don't know, 3 maybe, you decide.Me: I don't want any so I'll just put in 3. How many cups of water?Her: I don't know. What kind of rice are you cooking?Me: Its just rice. Its all the same to me. I'm just trying to help out here. How much water?Her: I don't know. Waaaaaahhhhh. You decide.Me: I have no clue so you will have to tell me. How many cups shall I put in?Her: Oh put it 4 cups then.I do it and wait for the rice to cook and serve her a couple scoops. She eats one bite and:Her: Waaaahhhh. I'm going to bedMe: What's wrong now?Her: You put too much water in the rice. Waaaaahhhh.I hate rice.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
A week ago my wife had really the bad menstrual cramps (other thread) and I was trying to be nice by cooking some rice in the rice cooker:Me: How many cups of rice do you want me to put in?Her: I don't know, 3 maybe, you decide.Me: I don't want any so I'll just put in 3. How many cups of water?Her: I don't know. What kind of rice are you cooking?Me: Its just rice. Its all the same to me. I'm just trying to help out here. How much water?Her: I don't know. Waaaaaahhhhh. You decide.Me: I have no clue so you will have to tell me. How many cups shall I put in?Her: Oh put it 4 cups then.I do it and wait for the rice to cook and serve her a couple scoops. She eats one bite and:Her: Waaaahhhh. I'm going to bedMe: What's wrong now?Her: You put too much water in the rice. Waaaaahhhh.I hate rice.
I hope you learned your lesson. I also made rice ONCE same conversation nearly word for word. :dance: :thumbsup:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Quick lesson in cooking rice ...... put the rice in a pot and then put in enough water to cover the rice up to the first index of you fore-finger ...... just touch the top of your with you finger ...... works every time and makes perfect rice ..... IMHOHear ye ... hear ye ...... All rice .. no fish ..... order in the food court ......

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

i eat rice every meal and love it , we always had rice with our meals when growing up, so it was normal for me , i did have a little high colestrol so i went to red rice, and my last checkup no need to take medication for high cholestrol. I learned how to cook rice on charcoal pretty good so we dont use rice cooker much, we use charcoal for most of our cooking, only use propane if in a hurry.

Edited by Okieboy
  • Like 1

Kahuna
Posted
Posted

I never liked rice as a kid,When I grew up I gave it another shot and if it's mixed with other things or flavored in some way I began to enjoy it more.Here in the states I add some hot salsa and a dab of ketchup to mine and have it but that's a rare occasion.Last time I was in Cebu [2010] I stayed for several months and altho I'm a pretty good cook my wife always insisted on cooking.At first that was fine but as time went by and rice was at every meal setting I would start to add things to it for a flavor.I finally found a ketchup that was listed as "hot" so then I enjoyed the rice more again. Is MSG a big thing there for flavoring? My wife has high blood pressure so I tell her to cut her salt intake[which I'm sure she ignores] but wondering if MSG affects her BP also.Anyone know?

Genius
Posted
Posted

MSG is salt based, mono sodium glut..something.

• Like 2

Kahuna
Posted
Posted
MSG is salt based, mono sodium glut..something.
Thank you..I told my wife that it's in alot of things there and to look for it and avoid it..I don't think she believes me.Her BP is not affected by salt ,MSG or anything else that she likes :cheersty: God Bless her..
  • Like 1