Rice Rice Rice How......

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I tried brown rice once and even wild rice! In a word, "YUK"! Each to their own! :rolleyes: There's just nothing like the Filipino fried rice with a side dish of pork or chicken BBQ! :)
What! You don't like Rice A Roni! It is the San Francisco Treat!
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
I tried brown rice once and even wild rice! In a word, "YUK"! Each to their own! :mocking: There's just nothing like the Filipino fried rice with a side dish of pork or chicken BBQ! :541:
I haven't heard that slogan in years.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I tried brown rice once and even wild rice! In a word, "YUK"! Each to their own! :mocking: There's just nothing like the Filipino fried rice with a side dish of pork or chicken BBQ! :541:
Only rice in a box worth eating!
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

It is now 10PM, and here I am fighting myself not to eat my rice for the second time today!!!! just have to remind myself on lessons about self discipline.Yes, it is that hard for a Filipina...!

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Only rice in a box worth eating!
"Rice-A-Roni" is good Bob! I grew up on that as a kid til I was an adult! I'm going to have my in-laws in California to send us a balikbayan box full of nothing but "Rice-A-Roni" of various flavors! The heck with this plain white or brown rice! :hystery:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
It is now 10PM, and here I am fighting myself not to eat my rice for the second time today!!!! just have to remind myself on lessons about self discipline.Yes, it is that hard for a Filipina...!
I just had 2 pieces of wheat bread with grape jelly and a can of Pepsi Light for dinner about the same as you had your rice! I took a nap and woke up around 9pm, so I had a late evening dinner! I have no self discipline, but I sure do love my late afternoon or early evening naps!I have a very unusual sleep habit, it's anytime I feel like it! Hey! We're retired, so anything goes! Yes, it is easy to be a retired Fil/Am! I just love it! :mocking:
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I will eat Jasmen rice with dinner every night if it is served. I like wild rice or some of the wild rice, brown rice mixes you can find in the health food isle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Will
Posted
Posted

My wife says one can eat a whole side of beef, but if rice is not served with it, then it is JUST a snack. She would eat jasmine rice with every meal if she had her druthers. I dont mind it, just a small portion for me, please.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

The rule of thumb here in this culture is you can have over P20,000 of top notch food in the house but if there is no rice, the house is considered to have no food.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I like to have rice even when I'm snacking.... Just as long as the chocolate bar says it has Rice Crisps in the ingredients...

:mocking:

• Like 1