I Won! And I Got To Meet Jollibee!!!!!!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The local Puericulture Center AND Maternity House #116 in Catbalogan is 90 this month. I am slowly renovating the place and attended a function today in which 50 poor families with small children in barangy #3 were given 2 kilos of rice and a box lunch. (guess who provided the rice).The function was attended by Jollibee him/herself and was a big hit with the kids. I asked that he/she say Hi to Ronald McDonald when they see him again. At least with Ronald you can tell it is a guy with big feet in the costume. No telling what is inside that Jollibee suit, but I am sure it is HOT in there.I was given an 'plaque' (heavy on the E here) and a book about the history of Catbalogan. Shook a lot of hands and said a few words. All my 'vote for me' and 'a chicken in every pot' jokes were useless..... I did not even try 'walk softly but carry a big stick'... or even a 'Don't ask what the Puericulture Center can do for you... ask what YOU can do for the Puericulture Center"....So I just shut up and tried to smile. Several thousand pictures were taken and I was threatened many times with 'this will be on my facebook!'.post-404-0-95120200-1329539477_thumb.jpg post-404-0-13595200-1329539518_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-61670500-1329539536_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
The local Puericulture Center AND Maternity House #116 in Catbalogan is 90 this month. I am slowly renovating the place and attended a function today in which 50 poor families with small children in barangy #3 were given 2 kilos of rice and a box lunch. (guess who provided the rice).The function was attended by Jollibee him/herself and was a big hit with the kids. I asked that he/she say Hi to Ronald McDonald when they see him again. At least with Ronald you can tell it is a guy with big feet in the costume. No telling what is inside that Jollibee suit, but I am sure it is HOT in there.I was given an 'plaque' (heavy on the E here) and a book about the history of Catbalogan. Shook a lot of hands and said a few words. All my 'vote for me' and 'a chicken in every pot' jokes were useless..... I did not even try 'walk softly but carry a big stick'... or even a 'Don't ask what the Puericulture Center can do for you... ask what YOU can do for the Puericulture Center"....So I just shut up and tried to smile. Several thousand pictures were taken and I was threatened many times with 'this will be on my facebook!'.post-404-0-95120200-1329539477_thumb.jpg post-404-0-13595200-1329539518_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-61670500-1329539536_thumb.jpg
See what buying all that paint, plumbing and rice gets you? A beautiful plaque and, more importantly, the heartfelt thanks of all the people you have helped over the years! Congratulations! You definitely deserve it Sir!What I really want to know is this: Did you get a chance to dance with the Jollybee? :lol: :cheersty: Edited by i am bob

Bruce
Posted
Posted
See what buying all that paint, plumbing and rice gets you? A beautiful plaque and, more importantly, the heartfelt thanks of all the people you have helped over the years! Congratulations! You definitely deserve it Sir!What I really want to know is this: Did you get a chance to dance with the Jollybee? :lol: :cheersty:
Sadly.... white boy can't dance! But I did get a free Jollibee snack!
  • Like 1