What Did You Work On While In The Military?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

People

Hello Andy,  

If I understand it correctly, a Navy RN is usually a medical officer versus corpsman who are

in the enlisted ranks.  I have nothing but outstanding reviews about the Navy Medical Center

in Balboa San Diego, CA.  They took very good care of me after my kidney stone extraction.

Respectfully -- Jake (ETCM retarded)  

For Christ sake Jake! Even your medical procedures revolve around your 'short arm'. :hystery: When Judy writes her book, I am sure it will be on the best seller list with a strong warning on the label and sold in shrink wrap to protect those under 18! :541:

An RN is an RN and in the military should be at an officer level. Some come in as an RN / officer and some go to local nursing programs while in the service and get their RN that way and then OCS and start out again.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

People

Hello Andy,  

If I understand it correctly, a Navy RN is usually a medical officer versus corpsman who are

in the enlisted ranks.  I have nothing but outstanding reviews about the Navy Medical Center

in Balboa San Diego, CA.  They took very good care of me after my kidney stone extraction.

Respectfully -- Jake (ETCM retarded)  

For Christ sake Jake! Even your medical procedures revolve around your 'short arm'. :hystery: When Judy writes her book, I am sure it will be on the best seller list with a strong warning on the label and sold in shrink wrap to protect those under 18! :541:

An RN is an RN and in the military should be at an officer level. Some come in as an RN / officer and some go to local nursing programs while in the service and get their RN that way and then OCS and start out again.

OK guys....this is a no chit sea story: while on my 3rd day of recovery, the head RN instructed me to urinate

into the bottle -- an agreement to approve my release.  A single piece kidney stone (about 2.3cm wide) was

surgically removed from the back and apparently clogged up my urinary tract, a normal condition after a

procedure like that.

I failed twice, both bottles were empty as my middle leg felt so ashamed.  So I was instructed to lay on my back

and expose my penis so that they could insert (again) a soft plastic tubing down my little Herman.  Here comes

these two young ensigns (both brunettes) assigned to perform this task.  They were quick and very professional.  

Not a smirk on their faces.  

I proudly showed them a bottle full of piss and some blood and felt somewhat disappointed that I will be release

soon.  These young ensigns were HOT!  Anyway, I broke their stern face demeanor by suggesting that they

should moonlight another job as the Rooter Man, unclogging the residential pipes.  Additionally, I ask if I should

return weekly to check my other vital functions.  They laughed and said - totally not necessary! 

Dang, my little Herman rejected again -- Jake

post-686-0-61768200-1373554282_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Jake, consider yourself a very lucky man. Some of those female RNs have no sense of humor when you start making very suggestive comments. They might try to remove the catheter with a partially inflated or fully inflated balloon. If that were to happen, next time you need a procedure, you will be praying for a male RN.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
you will be praying for a male RN.

GONE FISHIN', OUT TO LUNCH, RETIRED, OUT OF THE OFFICE, HOMEY DONT DU DAT, CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR,  

As an RN I respectfully decline the appointment. If nominated, I shall refuse. If elected I shall not serve.  

I have had a motto my entire nursing career... "If the patient has a penis, then it is NOT my patient'. Remember that old joke about 2 cowboys and the rattle snake bite and the doc say 'You gonna die!' Remember that? Well it is true. My friend died. :hystery:

Homophobic you say! Why let me tell you, I was homophobic before it became fashionable! Back when you listed that as a PLUS on your resume! 

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery: :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  

• Like 2

NavyRN
Posted
Posted

Jake,

You are correct.  I was a Corpsman for 21 years before I got my degree and took a commission.  Now I'm just looking forward to that retirement date!

• Like 3

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did my time many years ago in the British Army, my regiment has been around for so many years and is still active today in many

areas including Afghanistan,

http://www.sekentfusiliers.co.uk/history.html#top

We lost several men at the end of the first Gulf war to friendly fire, in my day my role was that of a basic grunt with specialized training in Locating IEDs, as well  as being part of a search team seeking weapons and bomb making equipment from terrorist organizations, we would work in search teams some as small as two men only or on other occasions up to eight men we used a technique known as the winthrop theory, windthrop was an officer from my regiment and his search methods are used by many Military and civilian groups to this day, although not many Know where the name winthrop derived from.

http://www.fusiliers-association.co.uk/Fusiliers_at_Rest/Fusiliers_at_Rest1.htm

A more recent picture of serving Fus 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1215612/Pictured-Heartbreaking-courage-injured-soldier-pays-respects-bravest-brave-killed-Afghanistan.html#ixzz0S18P34QZ

RESPECT! My brother was with you guys for some time. Not an easy regiment for sure! 

Edited by Jake
Removed duplicated quotation
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Jake,

You are correct.  I was a Corpsman for 21 years before I got my degree and took a commission.  Now I'm just looking forward to that retirement date!

And here I was thinking that RN stood for Royal Navy until Bruce piped up.  God save the Queen!

Bloody yanks.

• Like 3

imonacan
Posted
Posted (edited)

One tour at Clark AFB, in the 1961 Communications Group.  Mainly grunt functional duties, with the highlights being... pulling tons of comm cable and soldering circuit boards (yippy). Never was told why and what for.. but that was the way of life. Never was the boot licking type, and just Did it. Got assigned once.. to a joint training survival mission , in the bush ( Cordillera Mts) .. that was interesting, but pretty hot and grueling.  Waiting to strike my weekend off base and party, was what we lived for. 

Similar stuff on Guam, and Stateside.

It rocketed my career start, as an electrician.. which is Finally coming to an end. Nine more months, and I can walk to the mailbox or just check the direct deposit on the PC. That's when I'll be heading back to the Pinas, and see if I can still hack it.

Bill

edited to add my first name

Edited by imonacan
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

I was involved in the advanced care and feeding of most things the US Army had that made really loud booms more than once, small arms, automatic cannon, mortars, bipods, tripods and cannon tubes, all of which I refer to as farm machinery. After all, when you ordered an M-60 tank you ordered a tractor, full tracked, combat, model 60 A3 followed by the national stock number. I had other duties such as range safety  and NBC training duties. :)

• Like 5